• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

Why would I?

Name an iconic Frank Lampard moment in a Chelsea shirt and I guarantee I was there, I even went to Dublin to watch our first game under him. 

He is without doubt our greatest ever player and by far and away my favourite. He is God like to me as a footballer. I have said this for years and been slated for it, even by Chelsea fans, but I mean it 100%. Frank Lampard is the greatest goal scoring midfielder the world has EVER seen.

But that had very little to do with him as a manager.

Mate you really contradict yourself. 

Frank did not make it as the clubs head coach and was subsequently removed, and I was one of his biggest critics this season. That said he has the gonads to take the job on got us to 4th when all and sundry thought 10th was going to be respectable, made the FA cup final and qualified for the CL knock out stage twice, brought the academy to forefront there is quality within if give opportunities.  

therefore calling him hapless is quite disrespectful.

anyway. CR7 is the missing piece of the TT jigsaw. 

4 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Mate you really contradict yourself. 

How?

Frank did not make it as the clubs head coach and was subsequently removed, and I was one of his biggest critics this season. That said he has the gonads to take the job on got us to 4th when all and sundry thought 10th was going to be respectable, made the FA cup final and qualified for the CL knock out stage twice, brought the academy to forefront there is quality within if give opportunities.  

First year was fun but it was still clueless football. 

therefore calling him hapless is quite disrespectful.

Any different to calling someone a buffoon every time you mention him?

5 hours ago, exiledblue said:

As I said we can all imagine anything we want but TT arrived mid season to a demoralised squad he couldnt add to,  he certainly exceeded expectations of many but you can't forgive him a couple of loses. Yes it was terrible against WBA but many of the other games against many more important teams and managers he won. If its the style of play then I think he has a right to add some players he wants before he is so harshly critiqued

Not arguing against that. Not at all in fact. Also, I have never said Tuchel wasn't a success - quite the opposite in fact. But it was still only a 76 point season pro rata and that is nowhere near City or the Liverpool seasons in recent history. 

5 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

So the entire Premier league season was a failure or one game at the end?

Funny I would class our league season overall as a season of two halfs. First half catastrophic,  second half body brilliant but you seem to want to call it a failure because of one result or am I missing something?

No. The PL season was a season of two halves. One really bad, one that was good. To call 76 points bloody brilliant is a tad overestimated imo. 

23 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

No. The PL season was a season of two halves. One really bad, one that was good. To call 76 points bloody brilliant is a tad overestimated imo. 

We went from a 58 point team to a 76 point team overnight whilst winning the champions league. Bloody brilliant.

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Do you have the same opinion about his time as a player?

What a strange question. 2 different things.

21 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

We went from a 58 point team to a 76 point team overnight whilst winning the champions league. Bloody brilliant.

But the Champions League isn't the Premier League and regardless of how big of an improvement we made, you have repeatedly stated we have the second best squad by some distance. 76 points isn't bloody brilliant unless you think that the second best squad by some distance should be content with 3rd every year. Even if that was your belief, it can hardly be described as bloody brilliant. 

It was good and an impressive turnaround. Even more so for me who do not believe we have the second best squad in the league. But even so I wouldn't descibe it as bloody brilliant. 

Sounds like Hakimi almost there and it’s now just about the player going the other way and whether it will be Alonso or Emerson.

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

But the Champions League isn't the Premier League and regardless of how big of an improvement we made, you have repeatedly stated we have the second best squad by some distance.

But it had a big impact on our league form.

76 points isn't bloody brilliant unless you think that the second best squad by some distance should be content with 3rd every year. Even if that was your belief, it can hardly be described as bloody brilliant. 

Your missing my point, or maybe I've not explained it very well even though I keep saying it, he took over a team that was on course for 58 points and literally overnight turned them into a 76 point team, whilst and I'm sorry for repeating myself again, won the champions league, which 100% impacted our league form.

So taking a team that averages enough for 58 points, which would have had us finishing 10th this year and turning it into one that would get 76, which would have been enough for second this year, with no pre season, in my mind bloody brilliant.

3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Let’s see if TT goes back to a back 4

I bet he tells the team in advance!

3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I'd respect the bravery if he had done the first thing to get experienced PL level coaching in his team.  Instead he avoided it like the plague and relied on development coaches. Not sure what he was scared of.
You may have thought 10th was respectable - anyone looking at the players the club were giving him in 2019 would think otherwise.  There was a lot of excuse making in advance of the season.  He should be greatful he didn't get Hazard too.  Come 2020 expectations were huge.

2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

What a strange question. 2 different things.

Yup.  weird question.  John Hollins was a class player.  Dave Webb was a real leader as a player.  Sarri and Mourinho never played.

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

A man, a plan, a CL, an PL, a Panama cigar.

8 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Your missing my point, or maybe I've not explained it very well even though I keep saying it,

Start with Lampard was a great manager, and try to arrange the facts to fit.  It's a challenge and a lot of sensible argument has to be thrown out early.

7 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Any different to calling someone a buffoon every time you mention him?

I can’t remember either Grant or Sarri being a club legend as a player, not forgetting they were both shown the door within a year. 

You could throw big Phil and AVB in the same pot as grant and Sarri.