• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
13 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

It was good and an impressive turnaround. Even more so for me who do not believe we have the second best squad in the league. But even so I wouldn't descibe it as bloody brilliant. 

Really? I thought that was a given.

For the sake of this conversation, if we say the XI that started the CL final is (was for 2020/21) our best team, players 12-24, in no particular order, were:

Kepa, Zouma, Christensen, Alonso, Emerson, Kovacic, Gilmour, CHO, Ziyech, Giroud, Abraham, Pulisic

Do the same exercise for anyone except City and see where you get. 

76 points pro rata would have got second place too. 

paulw66   
7 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I doff my cap to you for your continual slating of a club legend. 

Whereas you start wear rose tinted glasses when anyone dare mention the two train wrecks your beloved JM left when he departed the club. 

Why is it so hard for you to separate Lampard the player, from Lampard the manager?

21 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

SSDD - Teacher Teacher it was him or her

CR7, would be the signing of the summer. Only then will the club be making a statement of intent of becoming a powerhouse as some are suggesting

Haaland etc. are not fit to lace CR7 boots in popularity or commercial value.  

and.....do you have to mention Ronaldo every day? 

We get it. You think he'd be a good signing. 

bert19   
23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

and.....do you have to mention Ronaldo every day? 

We get it. You think he'd be a good signing. 

There's also zero suggestion that he's interested in coming to Chelsea, or that Chelsea are interested in him.  Flogging a dead horse really eh? 

Hakimi rumours seem to be around this morning.  Wonder how close we might be there? 

Kezza   
4 minutes ago, bert19 said:

There's also zero suggestion that he's interested in coming to Chelsea, or that Chelsea are interested in him.  Flogging a dead horse really eh? 

Hakimi rumours seem to be around this morning.  Wonder how close we might be there? 

Why talk Hakimi rumours when you can beat a dead horse Ronaldo to Chelsea.

Kezza   

I feel like there's a risk with Haaland but nothing more than the risk we took with Torres, Morata, Higuain, Sheva and Pato though.

The kid is a personality monster like Drogba and Costa. He is so highly confident and egoistic even if he's just 20. Not the fragile and scared demeanour of Torres and Morata. He's a beast so hungry to succeed that he doesn't seem the type to drop his head at a bit of difficulty. His interviews is so nonchalant and arrogant at times. It takes huge self confidence. A bit like Zlatan and we all know what a personality he is!

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Kezza said:

I feel like there's a risk with Haaland but nothing more than the risk we took with Torres, Morata, Higuain, Sheva and Pato though.

The kid is a personality monster like Drogba and Costa. He is so highly confident and egoistic even if he's just 20. Not the fragile and scared demeanour of Torres and Morata. He's a beast so hungry to succeed that he doesn't seem the type to drop his head at a bit of difficulty. His interviews is so nonchalant and arrogant at times. It takes huge self confidence. A bit like Zlatan and we all know what a personality he is!

Let's be honest, there is always risk. 

Haaland still very young and unproven in the PL (but I agree with your assessment above)

Kane has ankles made of glass

Lukaku 28 and had an average spell at United.

Go for an unknown like Isak, and perhaps wont be good enough?

43 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Why is it so hard for you to separate Lampard the player, from Lampard the manager?

Its just bizarre.  He refers to Sarri as a buffoon every time he mentions him yet he can't have a bad word said about Lampard, the manager because he is a club legend, which is ironic because so is Mourinho yet he slates him in the same post.

14 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Me and my Dad absolutely loved the way he wound up Sevilla after he scored the penalty. 

Any transfer talk going to happen anytime soon on this thread?

Kezza   
16 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Me and my Dad absolutely loved the way he wound up Sevilla after he scored the penalty. 

Another show of guts and not giving a damn. Let's face it. Some of the strikers we have signed in recent times have been too within themselves. The type that constantly need confidence boosting and heads fall when they aren't doing it. They either stopped trying and stopped being hungry leading to further failure and inability to pick themselves out of the hole.