• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   
1 minute ago, exiledblue said:

Any transfer talk going to happen anytime soon on this thread?

Ronaldo. 

8 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Ronaldo. 

oh please no, I want serious news.

Just a note, as I kind of want to keep this on transfers rather than going off topic. However, if we sign Hakimi that would indicate to me there is almost no chance of us moving back to a 4. 

bert19   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Go for an unknown like Isak, and perhaps wont be good enough?

I wonder if we've looked at Andre Silva as an option? Lots of goals this season and a rumoured 30m EUR buyout

36 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Any transfer talk going to happen anytime soon on this thread?

I tried mentioning Hakimi! 

xhuga2   

I am so uncomfortable in letting Alonso go to Inter Milan.  I want Hakimi but sacrificing Alonso for him feels like a Thanos move. I know many people dislike Alonso but I see him as quality. Almost as good as Chilwell with the added goal threat. For me, if Chilwell has a bad run of form or is injured, Alonso slots in perfectly.  To those who say Azpilicueta can play on the left, yes as a left fullback but not as a left wingback. Plus the reason for signing Hakimi is to relegate Azpi to a back three system. Some argue that Hakimi can play on the left as well. Yes, but why buy someone and not play him at his preferred position?  Lampard played Havertz at the right-wing and regretted it. "But we have Emerson", don't let me strangle you.

The only way I get comfortable with Alonso leaving is if we get Tagliafico. 

I wonder. Can Inter even pay Alonso's wages? He has two more years on his deal and given Milan are penny-pinching, can they offer Alonso better than what he gets at Chelsea? I don't see Alonso taking a wage cut. 

Honestly, I did rather they take both Emerson and Zappacosta away. Let's see how this pans out. 

xhuga2   
46 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Ronaldo. 

Have you seen his wages at Juventus? Juventus can't rid of him even if they tried. 

I know this has a bit of recency bias but what about a gamble on Patrik Schik of the Czech republic , disregarding his finish from the halfway line , his header against the Scots was a beautifully executed thing plus he used to play up front with Werner in Germany so they know each others game which would lead to settling quickly .

He's not the most prolific striker and has suffered being played out of position before in italy where he had a rotten time but there's definitely a player there . 

Edited by Mark Kelly

Kezza   
51 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Just a note, as I kind of want to keep this on transfers rather than going off topic. However, if we sign Hakimi that would indicate to me there is almost no chance of us moving back to a 4. 

Why do people keep wanting us to move to a back 4 when the back 3 had been such a good system for us already. First with Conte and now with TT. We are no less attacking with that back 3. Is it the need to conform and be conventional?