• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No I meant out on loan as in Baka, Drinkwater and Barkley - as in kept out of the squad for the sake of sanity.
But once again the facts don't fit your opinions so..........

Of course, how  incredibly silly of me. All hail Droy, the king of facts and approver of opinions.

Mao would be proud. 

Sergio Ramos anyone?

Unsurprisingly, I’ve seen a few people linking us with him. He was a quality player, but off the back of a a season full of injuries at his age, I just don’t think he’s the way we should or even will go, not when we have Silva and Azpi already at the latter stages of their careers.

PSG seem to be readying another bid for Hakimi, to counter ours and so that may not be as ‘done’ as it sounded a few days ago. We have to just hope Inter really want Emerson or Alonso, because I don’t think Chelsea will increase the money on offer.

And finally... does anyone still want Kane? I can see us getting the Kane of the Euros if we sign him, rather than the Kane of Spurs... would be very Chelsea.

7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sergio Ramos anyone?

Unsurprisingly, I’ve seen a few people linking us with him. He was a quality player, but off the back of a a season full of injuries at his age, I just don’t think he’s the way we should or even will go, not when we have Silva and Azpi already at the latter stages of their careers.

100%. he is up there with, if not is THE, best of his generation

For all the reasons I really wanted Silva. 

And finally... does anyone still want Kane? I can see us getting the Kane of the Euros if we sign him, rather than the Kane of Spurs... would be very Chelsea.

Nope and never did.

Edited by Martin1905

6 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

100%. he is up there with, if not is THE, best of his generation

For all the reasons I really wanted Silva. 

I don’t disagree, but is he still at that level? Definitely wasn’t when we played them in the CL. Personally I’m not sure I see a place for him in the squad. Would you rotate him with Silva? If so what happens to Christensen?

Also, it leaves us reliant on at least 2 defenders who aren’t too far away from retirement or at least stepping away from this level and then we have to fill 2 roles in the back line, plus a 3rd if you consider Azpi.

Personally, I wouldn’t sign him.

37 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I don’t disagree, but is he still at that level? Definitely wasn’t when we played them in the CL. Personally I’m not sure I see a place for him in the squad. Would you rotate him with Silva? If so what happens to Christensen?

No he is no longer at that level but its everything else that comes with him, mich like Silva. Adding a player with his mentality, experience and leadership is a no brainer for me.

As for who plays, that would come down to fitness, form and injuries. 

I have said a few times now that we need to be ruthless during the next few transfer windows and if the opportunity comes up to improve at the expense of others then so be it.

37 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Also, it leaves us reliant on at least 2 defenders who aren’t too far away from retirement or at least stepping away from this level and then we have to fill 2 roles in the back line, plus a 3rd if you consider Azpi.

Personally, I wouldn’t sign him.

I completely understand why some would not sign him, I just think the gamble, and it would be a gamble,  is worth it. Very little to lose and an awful lot to gain.

Anyway, I can see him going to United and having the same influence that Silva had for us last season.

Ham   
8 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Really?

Hammy it time for mystic meg to move over or for you to join the X men, so they can make use of your telepathic powers. 

I predict you recommending an ageing Portuguese brylcream enthusiast in the coming days. 

Kezza   

I think Ramos would be useful stop gap while there's a lack of links to a top class defender to us.

Especially considering TT don't seem to rate Zouma and there's speculation linking Christensen away. Ramos would add steel, nastiness and fight to our very young team.

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sergio Ramos anyone?

No to Ramos, sure he would do a job for a while perhaps rotating with Silva but not really sure I want both, I would prefer to ship out Zouma for a younger player

No to Kane, I am not convinced how many more injuries his ankles can sustain.

Would like to see us pick up an organisational/vociferous captain though, someone capable of pulling the team through difficult moments

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

I think Ramos would be useful stop gap while there's a lack of links to a top class defender to us.

Especially considering TT don't seem to rate Zouma and there's speculation linking Christensen away. Ramos would add steel, nastiness and fight to our very young team.

I fear he would also add red cards and keep our medical team busy.

I can see the temptation to sign Ramos, especially given the impact Silva made, however, rarely does a player coming so late in their career work out as well as him, also the big difference is that Silva came in still waiting to win the CL and Ramos will come in with absolutely nothing to prove and no trophies he still needs to add to his collection (PL title obviously, but not sure that was on his list when he began his career).

32 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I fear he would also add red cards and keep our medical team busy.

I can see the temptation to sign Ramos, especially given the impact Silva made, however, rarely does a player coming so late in their career work out as well as him, also the big difference is that Silva came in still waiting to win the CL and Ramos will come in with absolutely nothing to prove and no trophies he still needs to add to his collection (PL title obviously, but not sure that was on his list when he began his career).

Yes.  Clearly the big motivation right now for Ramos is to get out of RM while keeping most of his salary.
I'm sure if he asked Hazard what to do he'd get an immediate answer.

In the mean time Azpi is back in the Spanish squad and Ramos isn't.

(does that imply Ramos is not a good traveller/ good for harmony?  Any ideas?)