• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

In the short to mid term, are RM or Barca going to be big hitters?

Rather, in the long term, will they ever be big hitters again?  No I reckon.  And heaven help both if Catalonia exits Spain.

Kezza   
55 minutes ago, Northern Lights said:

The problem is IF he signs (and let’s hope he doesn’t join the long list of striker failures at Chelsea), his agent will agitate for a transfer in 18 months’ time. 

If we win the PL and CL every other season I don't see why we should worry.

3 hours ago, Kezza said:

For all the talk about him leaving for half price next summer, he could easily sign a new contract and that would be a moot point. Happens all the time. I'd be surprised if Dortmund doesn't present him an improved contract sometime in the near future as reward for the season that he just had. Which is why I think Dortmund is not even worried or bothered about this eventuality because it is not something they cannot do anything about. 

They would also need to pay huge sums to his agent and dad to compensate for the good feed they would get if he leaves for his release clause.

Apparently Dortmund are struggling to come up with the funds to buy Sancho's replacement Malen for £25m, despite selling Sancho for £73m. Seems they aren't in good health financially, which bodes well for us. 

8 hours ago, Northern Lights said:

The problem is IF he signs (and let’s hope he doesn’t join the long list of striker failures at Chelsea), his agent will agitate for a transfer in 18 months’ time. 

There's no indication he's agitating for one now, and there are moves that could be made. Who would be in a position to pay more in a transfer fee and more in wages than we would now in 18 months? Absolutely no one.

Agitate for a new contract if his client is a PL/CL winner by then, yeah probably. But isn't that what we want?

Raoila or however you spell his name is no different to any other agent, other than the fact he's cultivated a mythos around him that has persuaded people he is different to the other agents.

I remember when Hazard would only stick around a year or too.

5 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

There's no indication he's agitating for one now, and there are moves that could be made. Who would be in a position to pay more in a transfer fee and more in wages than we would now in 18 months? Absolutely no one.

Agitate for a new contract if his client is a PL/CL winner by then, yeah probably. But isn't that what we want?

Raoila or however you spell his name is no different to any other agent, other than the fact he's cultivated a mythos around him that has persuaded people he is different to the other agents.

I remember when Hazard would only stick around a year or too.

And imo MR cares more about money for himself first before considering his players’ interests. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Northern Lights said:

And imo MR cares more about money for himself first before considering his players’ interests. 

... More than other agents? 

Just a weird position to hold strongly given you (I feel safe assuming) don't know him or any or his players. From the outside they seem pretty happy. 

He's just got a big mouth and lots of journalist friends. The reputation is smoke and mirrors.

9 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Just a weird position to hold strongly given you (I feel safe assuming) don't know him or any or his players. From the outside they seem pretty happy. 

He's just got a big mouth and lots of journalist friends. The reputation is smoke and mirrors.

I find the whole thing about him odd.

He is just the most famous of all the agents, who are almost certainly all exactly the same. 

Interestingly I bet if I asked why people are so against him, why he is so hard to deal with, who are the players he even represents, how many of those have ever been a problem, I bet no body would be able to give me an answer without googling it.

Kezza   

All agents care about the money they receive. It is a profession after all and no one is doing charity in this business. The only thing perhaps is because Raiola jas managed to get the most lucrative and talented players under him and people are maybe just jealous so are a critical of him. Other than that he is like any other top performing real estate agent with exclusive rights to the most expensive and luxurious real estate properties.

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Ferguson wouldn’t deal with him - and with good reason I suspect. None of us know anyone in football. For me there are I’m sure many good agents but Raiola - imo- is all about the money - and that’s it. He’s been very successful, but for me he 💯 seems the type to agitate early for moves. Saying that if we do go into talks over Haaland, he’ll meet his match in Marina, that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, Northern Lights said:

Ferguson wouldn’t deal with him - and with good reason I suspect. None of us know anyone in football. For me there are I’m sure many good agents but Raiola - imo- is all about the money - and that’s it. He’s been very successful, but for me he 💯 seems the type to agitate early for moves. Saying that if we do go into talks over Haaland, he’ll meet his match in Marina, that’s for sure. 

Ferguson was himself a very difficult man! I think he's often spoke about agents generally being part of how he knew it was time to bring his career to a close.

I've no doubt people (or club officials, to be specific) dislike working with him. He has some of the most in-demand players in the world on his books, so enters any negotiations in a very strong position from which I doubt he has much need to give quarter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan. I just think the idea he's particularly difficult is an idea of his own cultivating. It suits him for people (or top players, I should say) to think he's a particular pain in the arse.

Edited by thevelourfog