• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   
43 minutes ago, Northern Lights said:

£40m. For what?

”Hey Erling. You’re on £100k a week, Chelsea are offering £300k a week. Fancy that for a couple years before we hawk you to Real? Yes? Okay. Leave it to me. Roman, you there? Yes that’s fine. That’ll be £40m please”.

£300k/week for someone unproven at the highest level as yet does look a bit steep. It's like I step into a large corporate from a more local company and instantaneously gets offered higher salary than their best and longest serving executives who have delivered them success.

I won't expect or even demand that. But this apparently doesn't apply to football.

Unfathomable.

• Like 1

chelboy   

Cfcnewspage is quite reliable, if that story is true then it suggests Haaland wants to come here and his wage demands do not seem too much which makes the deal possible. If that’s the case why doesn’t he or Raoila just force the move? This whole transfer saga seems strange. Can’t tell if we are using him as a smoke screen for someone else. Best just to wait for an update from Ornstein or Law. 

2 hours ago, Ham said:
Erling Braut Haaland ......

I love the middle name Braut - perfect.  Splash it all over me

The idea that RA is paying personal cheques to the agent and father (to avoid FFP I guess) is a nice touch, and such kind of detail makes it sounds very real.

Except the idea that this hack was told about the £40m  is quite ridiculous.   Nobody who knows about that kind of thing breathes a word about it.
It is one of those "if I told you I would have to kill you"

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

The idea that RA is paying personal cheques to the agent and father (to avoid FFP I guess) is a nice touch, and such kind of detail makes it sounds very real.

Except the idea that this hack was told about the £40m  is quite ridiculous.   Nobody who knows about that kind of thing breathes a word about it.
It is one of those "if I told you I would have to kill you"

Even more ridiculous is that the club have told him that they're going to initially bid £130m but have told this joker that they'll go to £130m + £20m if rejected. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kezza   
3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Even more ridiculous is that the club have told him that they're going to initially bid £130m but have told this joker that they'll go to £130m + £20m if rejected. 

Even more so than that is the club told him that they prefer to keep the bid under cover so PSV doesn't find out but goes on to tell this guy and this guy goes on to tell the whole world.

Waiting till Jan ....Then getting  M'pappe to sign on a pre contract with a view to a free next summer.....

On 25/07/2021 at 9:45 AM, King Kante said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_references_to_donkeys

In football, especially in the United Kingdom, a player who is considered unskilful is often dubbed a "donkey",[35] and the term has a similar connotation in poker.[39] In the US, the slang terms "dumbass" and "jackass" are used to refer to someone considered stupid.

I called him a donkey because his first touch is woeful. I typically do this for any player who I deem to not have the requisite close control skills. Lewa and Håland have better close control which is why I haven't used the term in reference to them. 

Sorry but I don’t see how one of the TOP strikers supposedly in the world and someone we apparently are interested in, is considered unskillful, dumb, donkey and a jackass.

why are we looking at him them?

if we don’t get Harland or Lewa who else is there?

I don’t think lukaku wants to come here anyway

sorry king Kante didn’t want to offend you, I’m just tired of all the abuse players of colour are receiving and I didn’t know the “donkey thing”

🙏🏽

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 10:56 AM, Ham said:

Shame you even had to explain that. I thought it was obvious.  

Nothing to see here 🙄

It wasnt obvious to me because I have never called a football player a donkey and never heard it said!

I probably would have said he is rubbish or get him off or get rid of him.

But your right nothing to see here 🙏🏽

I’m sorry I’m just a big softy and care a lot about people’s feelings

asvaberg   
22 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

The Norwegian word "braut" has different meanings.

Originating from old Norse meaning "broken road".

In newer history:

1) a road cleared of snow 

2) a roadside 

3) a slope 

In dialect the word is also used to characterise a person who brags 

Sciatika   
13 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

In dialect the word is also used to characterise a person who brags 

Self-confidence is essential in a striker.

• Thanks 1