• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

chelboy   

Goretzka is a player I would bring in for the midfield. We should keep an eye on him as he is having contract issues. That guy is a perfect box to box midfielder with goals in his game. All round player and has no weaknesses to his game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies in advance as this is O/T and I cannot see a match thread for Villareal, but does anyone have any idea about what is happening with the Villareal tickets? Two weeks away, a game in the UK and still nothing on the site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Goretzka is a player I would bring in for the midfield. We should keep an eye on him as he is having contract issues. That guy is a perfect box to box midfielder with goals in his game. All round player and has no weaknesses to his game. 

Goretzka is colossal, I am a huge fan of his but he is also the perfect example of what I am trying to say. As good as he is, he is world class and one of the players I am talking about when I mention there is a few  that might be an improvement Jorginho but I do not think would be an improvement on the Jorginho/Kante double 6. 

If he was available we should 100% sign him, but that would mean a change in system and a midfield 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
18 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Apologies in advance as this is O/T and I cannot see a match thread for Villareal, but does anyone have any idea about what is happening with the Villareal tickets? Two weeks away, a game in the UK and still nothing on the site. 

Nope.

I have friends who have paid for flights and booked a hotel and are waiting eagerly......... Bit of a farce as the game is now only two weeks away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
14 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Goretzka is colossal, I am a huge fan of his but he is also the perfect example of what I am trying to say. As good as he is, he is world class and one of the players I am talking about when I mention there is a few  that might be an improvement Jorginho but I do not think would be an improvement on the Jorginho/Kante double 6. 

If he was available we should 100% sign him, but that would mean a change in system and a midfield 3.

He could play in a midfield two, he has been playing there for Bayern alongside Kimmich and Thiago in previous seasons. He would be the perfect 6 imo as he is far more unpredictable with the ball than our other options and would give defenders something else to think about with his runs from deep. Jorginho/Kante as a double six are great in tight games and in europe but in most PL games I think we could use a more adventurous double six especially against lower blocks. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

I mean, who in the world gets in that team, not including Mr ?, that is even in the slightest bit realistic that we could sign? For me there is no one.

Werner?  Once he gets his shooting boots on anyway.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

I would imagine Kante and Jorginho are absolute horrible to play against.

You can see that already.  Most teams are man-marking our DM - which is why the back 3 have so much time to play.  And no one is willing to push players wide to man mark our WBs because Kante and Mount are so energetic in the middle of the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Werner?  Once he gets his shooting boots on anyway.

Well yes, I have been since long before he joined one of his biggest fans and have had countless debates about him on here but could not be bothered with putting him in and having another debate.

If he gets back to his best, let's not pretend he is that bad he is missing absolute sitters, it is not an ability thing, he will score 30+ goals a season for us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Well yes, I have been since long before he joined one of his biggest fans and have had countless debates about him on here but could not be bothered with putting him in and having another debate.

If he gets back to his best, let's not pretend he is that bad he is missing absolute sitters, it is not an ability thing, he will score 30+ goals a season for us.

 

Is correct. Would be of much more concern, if he was not making the sitters to miss. The fact he is, means that he is often achieving the hardest part of the job, I.e. creating good opportunities against a miriad of CB pairings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I would imagine Kante and Jorginho are absolute horrible to play against.

different to having a big bully, these 2 may give you no peace but wouldnt hurt you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

different to having a big bully, these 2 may give you no peace but wouldnt hurt you

Goretzka would certainly offer different qualities to these two or Kovacic (or Gilmour) to be fair.  Locatelli similar. 

I would not be opposed to us adding a bit of "muscle" to our midfield options, preferably an option that would look to chip in with a few goals too. 

Lampard, Mikel, Essien, Ballack, Poyet all spring to mind in terms of that sort of profile of player that have a) done very well for us and b) provided physical challenges for the opposition to deal with (in both penalty areas as well as the middle of the pitch). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now