• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

JaneB   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

what's harsh? 

Benzema was part of that team, and looked the real deal, much like he did at the Euros. 

Varane - not so much 

I don’t think Benzema looked very good at the euros. To be fair, none of the french players did. 

I think it’s harsh to base your opinion on 6 games (provided you watched all four games France played this summer). I also don’t think there was a single RM player bar Benzema who looked half-decent against us. 

I’ve watched Varane a lot over the years and for me it’s a no-brainer - he’s a top class central defender with lovely feet. 

Glad to see that others' are seeing that the biggest problem with CM is goals. We do not a more physical player that that should be a Goeretka/SMS and not a Rice. 

I very much doubt we are getting Haaland either. However, if I was Roman, or Dortmund, and it was happening, no way would I confirm it, until all of my other business was done in the window. It would just make any other deals much more expensive for both clubs.

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Glad to see that others' are seeing that the biggest problem with CM is goals. We do not a more physical player that that should be a Goeretka/SMS and not a Rice. 

Wasn't a problem in 2015 or 2017

paulw66   
42 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I also don’t think there was a single RM player bar Benzema who looked half-decent against us. 

And I wouldn't buy any of the others either

28 minutes ago, King Kante said:

What if jorgi gets injured for a couple of months. Who plays the 6? Kante? Kova? SmS who gives me RlC vibes and I hope to get we stay away from him. 

We our hopelessly short of true 6s. Abs in dire need of a rice. Goals need to come through the 3 forwards. Not through the mid. We can't be solving our goal scoring issues by giving up the one thing that keeps us in games - defensive solidarity. 

Having a pop at the two in the double 6 for not scoring enough goals is the same as having a pop at the 3 centre backs for not scoring enough. It is quite simply not their job. Yes they can and should chip in with a few more but it is not what they are on the pitch to do. 

You replace either Kante or Jorginho with almost any other cm in this system and yes that individual may score more but as a team we would not be the same.

The two players we have there are literally pivotal to how we play as a team, both defensively and attacking.

Unless we see a change of system with 3 in midfield, I would then want Mount in there, the two we have are about as good as they get. 

• Like 1

JaneB   
On 22/07/2021 at 8:27 PM, Liam w said:

Yeah, is there any kind of predictor thing, like the have on the 5th stand app?

I understand there is a fantasy league. 

But before each game on the matchday thread or the competion thread is there a little league going amongst us  where we predict the scoreline, first goal scorer etc?

If not I would absolutely love to host one.

I will collate all the info and after each match give the results and finally give all the stats after the season finishes.

If it gains enough traction after the end of this season then next season I am more than happy to front a relatively cheap chelsea themed prize to the winner.

But if there is already one in place I would like to know how to find it once the season starts

I did ask on my introduction thread and then mummy Jane B tried to help fond an answer but I never got one

Sorry about that.  I was told to point you in the direction of the guy who deals with all that stuff on here but unfortunately he hasn't been on in recent weeks.  Hopefully he will be back soon.

Appreciate your efforts and interest.

And I'm definitely not your 'mummy'.

• Thanks 1