• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Feel like we have free run on Haaland now. When the likes of Ben White is going for £50m, Grealish £100m, £150m on Haaland looks pretty good value. If we don't sign anyone this window. Who do we go for next summer ? The pickings are very slim. 

Amazing isn’t it, when £150,000,000 is deemed “good value”! 

8 hours ago, Northern Lights said:

It does 🤣 Sort of reminds me of the brilliant Hall and Oates 🤣

Brilliant is a bit strong ! A little too bed wetty for my taste.

8 hours ago, Northern Lights said:

It does 🤣 Sort of reminds me of the brilliant Hall and Oates 🤣

I was kind of think more down the lines of Phil and Phil (woosh)

Edited by RobertoftheGiz
There is some in the air tonight, which makes boogie wonderland an easy lover.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

My worry is, I can see us selling Abraham, then buying a replacement for 40-50m who is no better. 

Depends then on what price we are bid for Abraham.

54 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Brilliant is a bit strong ! A little too bed wetty for my taste.

Just as well I don’t care what you think 🤣🤣🤣🧨🤪

• Like 1

bert19   
1 hour ago, chelboy said:

I also thought it was very possible for us to have six players that should be scoring at least 10 goals but I think its harder than it sounds especially when there are only 3 attacking places in the team.  Each of the starting front three need to be hitting at least 15 G/A minimum or within that ratio when all three attackers numbers are added up. I say that cause the seven players behind them are unlikely to contribute much in that department excluding pens. If we had a wingback and a midfielder that could get between 7-10 G/A in the league then it would make a huge difference and ease what the front three needs to do. The attackers are going to be under too much pressure to do more than they are capable of imo especially if we don’t get a ST. 

Agree totally.  

I like the idea of us playing something like a 4-2-1-3, 4-3-1-2 in games where we know the opposition will sit deeper or when we're at home.  Sacrifice an extra CB, but with Kante & Jorgi still maintained so the back four aren't left exposed.  Both systems should allow protection for the two CBs, an extra body (Mount) in a midfield role, keeping 3 up top and allowing the full-backs to really push on.  There should be ways for us to overload teams without being completely exposed at the back. 

I'd still like us to add another player at CM - someone physically bigger and more aggressive in the final third. A Goretzka-type (or someone of that ilk), that brings some physical presence and a goal threat. Ideally that could be RLC, but I'm not at all convinced he's got that level on a consistent basis. 

1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

Feel like we have free run on Haaland now. When the likes of Ben White is going for £50m, Grealish £100m, £150m on Haaland looks pretty good value. If we don't sign anyone this window. Who do we go for next summer ? The pickings are very slim. 

Good point. If it isn't a big offer on Haaland, who will it be? I don't think we can just stick with what we have.  Especially after losing Giroud. 

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Good point. If it isn't a big offer on Haaland, who will it be? I don't think we can just stick with what we have.  Especially after losing Giroud. 

Not sure losing Giroud changes anything. Rightly or wrongly, he played 11 full games worth of minutes last season. 

Werner, Havertz and Abraham currently still here, and all can play through the middle. 

12 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Agree totally.  

I like the idea of us playing something like a 4-2-1-3, 4-3-1-2 in games where we know the opposition will sit deeper or when we're at home.  Sacrifice an extra CB, but with Kante & Jorgi still maintained so the back four aren't left exposed.  Both systems should allow protection for the two CBs, an extra body (Mount) in a midfield role, keeping 3 up top and allowing the full-backs to really push on.  There should be ways for us to overload teams without being completely exposed at the back. 

I'd still like us to add another player at CM - someone physically bigger and more aggressive in the final third. A Goretzka-type (or someone of that ilk), that brings some physical presence and a goal threat. Ideally that could be RLC, but I'm not at all convinced he's got that level on a consistent basis. 

I'm interested to see if we can save ourselves some cash in midfield and use RLC as a Jorginho replacement, given that his mobility is obviously more limited now but that he has the technical skills and body strength to play there. Then we may be able to use Sterling and Chalobah as utility defenders, leaving us with no other holes in the squad other than up front.

Sciatika   

I think Billy might be a decent replacement for Jorge depending on how he does with Norwich. By the end of this season, Jorginho will only have a year left on his contract and will be 30.