• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

DannyLB   
19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Good to hear you have kept in touch with James Prescott. Send him our best wishes. 

I wonder how he's doing. Last I heard of him he was saying he would take some time off the internet for his mental well being. This was years ago, mind.

10 hours ago, jah blair said:

He’ll be fine, 

I bet he scores more goals than Werner if he comes 

No offense but Tammy scored more than Werner last season . I hope I’m wrong but never really rated lukaku 

VA96   
2 hours ago, Original 21 said:

So are we entitled to a sell on fee for Lukaku? 

5% of transfer fee will go to his former clubs (between the age of 12-23) as a solidarity payment so roughly 2m EUR as we're part of the compensation scheme - I think we are still owed a smaller solidarity fee for when Inter bought him from Utd too 

33 minutes ago, Northern Lights said:

Who is James Prescott? A journalist?

Oh James we loved you and your beliefs, I remember transfer time was your moment, if you are up to it please drop in and say hi.

6 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Do you think Jack Grealish is? Because, like it or not, that quite simply is the market.

Debatable. Certainly from a defensive standpoint

I think you need to forget about Haaland, it is not happening.

Might as well talk about us going for  Mbappe.

Lukaku is a massive upgrade on what we have and is most definitely top notch. He is one of the very few elite strikers in the world right now, which says more about the quality of the others than anything else but there are only a handful better than him.

Grealish I don't rate at that sort of category either, just because City are doing it doesn't mean we have to. Personally, I was kind of revealing in the insanity of that deal until this nonsense sprung up. 

Bundesliga is superior to Italy these days if anyone watches the games. The bottom half of Serie A is particularly ropey these days. I'll agree that maybe defensively they're on par but the Bundesliga have quicker players as a general rule. 

Not forgetting anything, as I say later, if the right quality isn't available then don't buy. Far too many people are writing off the goal scoring abilities of last seasons signings too soon, as leeway needs to be given to players for their first year; especially when it was one that was being held during a pandemic.

Going out and spending top dollar on third choice/2nd rate options is the type of thinking that gave us 2017 and Kepa. 

Massive upgrade is debatable. TT is talking about a CF who can play with his back to goal, when Jose asked him to do that at Utd, that is when the wheels fell off for him. As I said before, he will score against the bottom to mid ranked teams at a fair rate but for the sort of outlay and commitment he requires it doesn't make sense as he has proven time and again that he goes missing in the biggest games. This wasn't just at Utd, but also for Belgium and Inter.

If you think Lukaku is a top notch player then I am not sure what else I can say. When someone says that, I expect world class and sadly he isn't.

Edited by King Kante
  • Like 1

Kezza   
15 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Grealish I don't rate at that sort of category either, just because City are doing it doesn't mean we have to. Personally, I was kind of revealing in the insanity of that deal until this nonsense sprung up. 

Bundesliga is superior to Italy these days if anyone watches the games. The bottom half of Serie A is particularly ropey these days. I'll agree that maybe defensively they're on par but the Bundesliga have quicker players as a general rule. 

Not forgetting anything, as I say later, if the right quality isn't available then don't buy. Far too many people are writing the goal scoring abilities of last seasons signings too soon, as leeway needs to be given to players for their first year, especially when it was one that was being held during a pandemic.

Going out and spending top dollar on third choice/2nd rate options is the type of thinking that gave us 2017 and Kepa. 

Massive upgrade is debatable. TT is talking about a CF who can play with his back to goal, when Jose asked him to do that at Utd, that is when the wheels fell off for him. As I said before, he will score against the bottom to mid ranked teams at a fair rate but for this sort of outlay and commitment he requires it doesn't make sense as he has proven time and again that he goes missing in the biggest games. This wasn't just at Utd, but also for Belgium and Inter.

If you think Lukaku is a top notch player then I am not sure what else I can say. When someone says that, I expect world class and sadly he isn't.

I particularly agree about the quality of the Serie A. Even Ronaldo at 35 had more goals than Lukaku in less games. At £110M, he need to be odds on to score EVERY game.

The fact that he's still "only" managed 47 goals in 72 league games in his 2 years at Inter while Ronaldo managed 60 in 66. He's not even that mean ridiculous beast that he needs to be at that price tag. And how many of those were penalties. We need a striker with a natural knack for scoring and racking up the goals. And while Lukaku does that he needs to be at Ronaldo's or Lewadowski's scoring level (for that £110M price) and he is clearly not!

And for that, Haaland is!

Edited by Kezza

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Whilst Lukaku is great running on to the ball, he has now developed the ability - thanks to Conte - to play with his back to the goal.

He is nowhere near as good as Kane playing with his back to goal, and closer to Tammy’s level. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kezza said:

I particularly agree about the quality of the Serie A. Even Ronaldo at 35 had more goals than Lukaku in less games. At £110M, he need to be odds on to score EVERY game.

The fact that he's still "only" managed 47 goals in 72 league games in his 2 years at Inter while Ronaldo managed 60 in 66. He's not even that mean ridiculous beast that he needs to be at that price tag. And how many of those were penalties. We need a striker with a natural knack for scoring and racking up the goals. And while Lukaku does that he needs to be at Ronaldo's or Lewadowski's scoring level (for that £110M price) and he is clearly not!

And for that, Haaland is!

Blasphemy

you can’t mention CR7 on this forum.

haarland is BM or Madrid bound, unless he has a stinker this season and will stay with BD. 

Maybe the theory is Lukaku can bully lower teams so we win games that we lost last time around, the rest will take care of itself. There are still some on here having nightmares about WBA.