• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15787676/lukaku-chelsea-transfer-haaland-borussia-dortmund/

I get it that its stats and you can cut and dice as you will and ofcourse it doesnt tell everything about the games and opp but on face value the Harland stats, if true, are strong. Less games less touches, more shots and goals. 

chelboy   
28 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Grealish I don't rate at that sort of category either, just because City are doing it doesn't mean we have to. Personally, I was kind of revealing in the insanity of that deal until this nonsense sprung up. 

Bundesliga is superior to Italy these days if anyone watches the games. The bottom half of Serie A is particularly ropey these days. I'll agree that maybe defensively they're on par but the Bundesliga have quicker players as a general rule. 

Not forgetting anything, as I say later, if the right quality isn't available then don't buy. Far too many people are writing off the goal scoring abilities of last seasons signings too soon, as leeway needs to be given to players for their first year; especially when it was one that was being held during a pandemic.

Going out and spending top dollar on third choice/2nd rate options is the type of thinking that gave us 2017 and Kepa. 

Massive upgrade is debatable. TT is talking about a CF who can play with his back to goal, when Jose asked him to do that at Utd, that is when the wheels fell off for him. As I said before, he will score against the bottom to mid ranked teams at a fair rate but for the sort of outlay and commitment he requires it doesn't make sense as he has proven time and again that he goes missing in the biggest games. This wasn't just at Utd, but also for Belgium and Inter.

If you think Lukaku is a top notch player then I am not sure what else I can say. When someone says that, I expect world class and sadly he isn't.

Serie A is superior. It’s more of a contest and teams are far less open. The quality just isn’t as high as it was 10-15 years ago and the quality back then was really high. Bundesliga feels more like a league just to entertain rather than play sensible football. 

Lukaku is an upgrade on what we have. Does anyone really think he won’t be our top scorer this season? He’s not perfect but he’s the best we can buy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ham said:

He used to post on here and used to get himself into a flap to the point of meltdown over transfer rumours. He's taken time away from here for the sake of his sanity. 

Thanks 🙏🏿 

1 minute ago, chelboy said:

Serie A is superior. It’s more of a contest and teams are far less open. The quality just isn’t as high as it was 10-15 years ago and the quality back then was really high. Bundesliga feels more like a league just to entertain rather than play sensible football. 

Lukaku is an upgrade on what we have. Does anyone really think he won’t be our top scorer this season? He’s not perfect but he’s the best we can buy. 

Superior is a big word. Both leagues have a couple of consistent teams both leagues have a few names that will be there and abouts and both leagues are full of poor teams which in both case are the majority.

Instead of this new European league I would like to see the last 3 teams in each leach having a competition. I think even relegated prem teams would cream the serie a and bundesliga demoted teams as our level is much higher start to finish

Kezza   
1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Blasphemy

you can’t mention CR7 on this forum.

haarland is BM or Madrid bound, unless he has a stinker this season and will stay with BD. 

No challenge staying at Bundesliga when he is already clearly their best player without needing the quality of BM.

Madrid is obsessed with Mbappe.

His style better suits PL. Father played there too.

He will sign for Utd next summer (reunite with Sancho) with City already having Kane and us Lukaku.

Messi leaving Barca , poor old Harry .

Rick1977   

Well Messi is now available on a free let's not spend 100 million on Lakaku and try to sign him instead for a couple of years.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

my thoughts entirely 

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

so the choice may now be kane, Lukaku or Haarland. aka dodgy ankles, dodgy first touch and dodgy agent

Ham   

Messi becomes available between Jack's medical and contract signing.....

He'll be twitching now 😂