• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

24 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Let Messi sign for City so that we can watch Kanté destroy him first-hand next season. 

The statement Barca put out was just a brazen and pathetic attempt at leveraging the La Liga people.
It’s the football equivalent of a spoiled, rich brat posting on Facebook that they’ve “been forced to cancel” their 16th birthday party because the bar they wanted to host it at has been told it’s a 21st, then found out it’s a 16th and told them they won’t serve a load of underage kids alcohol as it’s illegal and “it’s all the bar’s fault for being so mean to them.”

“We’ve broken every rule going, ignored all of the warnings about our wage bill, run up massive & unsustainable debts, but it’s all the League’s fault that we can’t renew Leo’s massive contract. They’re so mean to us!” 

I’m sure La Liga will cower to them too. 

‘More Than A Club’ my arse.

Spot on.

Ham   

I just find it Incredible that two clubs with such a large fan base and upwards of 80,000 season tickets can fail financially.

How does that even happen?

22 minutes ago, Ham said:

Perhaps because they've massively overspent their income over many years, filling their team with  'galacticos'. They've been bailed out by the govt many times over the years, but now it seems that even the govt has had enough. Serves them right,

22 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Perhaps because they've massively overspent their income over many years, filling their team with  'galacticos'. They've been bailed out by the govt many times over the years, but now it seems that even the govt has had enough. Serves them right,

Indeed. 

chara   

Ah Espana....loved my time there...recounted the story before...I played for three different local top sides...most time with a good side not quite top two (like La Liga RM and Barca but nowhere near that level) but we took points off both of them(and away points elswwhere unlike most of the oppo sides)....playing away to one of the sides we lost 2-1...a more than dodgy penalty....the bone of contention after the game with the supporters was that "their President" had "influenced" the referee  with a more generous sweetner than "our President" .... Make of it what you will!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leo91 said:

PSG wage bill must be ridiculous. Ramos, Donnarumma, Neymar, Mbappe. Can they really afford Messi 

I guess what they really can't afford is a lack of success.  Either they must win the CL which those players and Messi might do.  Or if that is seen as too random, they have to succeed in another way Harlem Globetrotter style. 

5 hours ago, Leo91 said:

PSG wage bill must be ridiculous. Ramos, Donnarumma, Neymar, Mbappe. Can they really afford Messi 

They are owned by a Trillionaire family, €100m a year to them is peanuts. To put it into context if they are only worth £1tn (it is more but using this for arguments sake) then Messi's yearly cost to them is 0.001% of their wealth. That is equivalent to 50p for someone who earns £50k a year. 

Edited by King Kante

11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

They are owned by a Trillionaire family, €100m a year to them is peanuts. 

PSG's wages are at least double that!

[EDIT]

Just found this...

https://www.capology.com/club/chelsea/salaries/

https://www.capology.com/club/psg/salaries/

Edited by Bob Singleton

2 hours ago, Ham said:

I just find it Incredible that two clubs with such a large fan base and upwards of 80,000 season tickets can fail financially.

Coutinio and Dembelle  (BD dud) come to mind. 

5 hours ago, MikelBlue said:

Roman doesn’t do business with Spurs, especially since Levy has been in charge. Perfect zero percent record of Spurs transfers executed under Roman and it’s not for lack of trying. 

Yeah right. 

Went in for one player and they said no. Better add BD to Romans black list