• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

11 hours ago, Kezza said:

Sign Messi now

there are only two players out there who can elevate a club on the world stage .

1, - At Juve and open to offers

2, - Allegedly has been show the door by Barca

Even though they are both on the wrong side of 30, they can still be an influence on and off the field, and quite surprised Roman doesn't see their current situation as golden opportunity to bring one of them to the club.

Their wages would be offset by the additional commercial enterprises." Can you imagine how many of their fans worldwide would start walking around with a Messi or Ronaldo written on the back of a Chelsea shirt"

22 minutes ago, Wolfie Smith said:

there are only two players out there who can elevate a club on the world stage .

1, - At Juve and open to offers

2, - Allegedly has been show the door by Barca

Even though they are both on the wrong side of 30, they can still be an influence on and off the field, and quite surprised Roman doesn't see their current situation as golden opportunity to bring one of them to the club.

Their wages would be offset by the additional commercial enterprises." Can you imagine how many of their fans worldwide would start walking around with a Messi or Ronaldo written on the back of a Chelsea shirt"

Cron is 36. And the shirt sales thing is a myth.

• Like 1

Messi will either play at PSG next season or will be staying at Barca. If he ends up staying at Barca then surely UEFA have to look into it, but of course they won’t.

Despise the way Barca is run and allowed to run. Aren’t they still technically in the Super League as well? What’s the punishment for them, Madrid and Juve for still being in there?

edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/2202247/statement-on-the-european-super-league/amp - so no punishment can be upheld? 

On 2021-08-04 at 7:50 PM, exiledblue said:

Oh dear.........................lets hope we are all wrong but to be fair Ings has signed for Villa.

Danny Ings has no business playing for Man U, Man C, Liverpool or Chelsea. He has already tried his luck at Liverpool, back when they were pretty average and he flopped big time. Villa, Everton and the like is his level. 

On 2021-08-05 at 0:46 AM, King Kante said:

Last post on this from me on the Lukaku transfer but I am pretty dismayed by it. Lukaku is not the sort of striker in my opinion that we should be going for as; 

1) He isn't technical enough nor does he score at a rate like Messi/CR7/Lewa/Håland which I would expect from a CF that is costing €130m. Furthermore, he also doesn't have the scoring rate of Kane either and Kane has been doing it in the PL the entire time. 

2) He notoriously doesn't turn up in big games. I get that currently we struggle to score again even low ranked sides but if you're buying someone for €130m you kind of want him to turn up in big games as well and not disappear.

3) He hasn't actually improved, from what I have seen, in Italy. Instead he is just playing against lower quality teams which he is exploiting. His touch is still the same as you remember it from his previous PL days. This is also reflected in how he hasn't done much for Inter in the CL whilst there. 

4) At his price, you're pretty much all in on him for at least three years. Thus, if he goes back to his Utd form we're pretty stuffed (I think this is likely when he has to play PL football.) 

5) He is an old 28 year old. He has been playing men's football since he was 16. There are a lot of yards in his legs already. 

Personally my prediction for him is a 'meh' signing at best (as I do conceded he will likely score against the low ranked sides) or a complete disaster as I really don't see anything from his time in Italy to suggest he has improved significantly. I get his stats are good but this really isn't a great indicator with the state of Serie A these days which I would rank at around Portuguese level football and being Spanish and German football (I probably even slightly edge French football above it.) 

Sadly I agree with this, but at the same time what else is out there? Is Lukaku better than Abraham and Werner in that S role? The answer has to be an empathic yes. Is he worth 110m? No, but then again that is the crazy market we are operating in. 

I hope both you and I are dead wrong and that Rom will be  ab ig success here if he comes. But I have a bad feeling about this potential signing. 

On 2021-08-05 at 8:36 AM, xhuga2 said:

Do you want Danny Ings? Lukaku has goals in him. He will score more than Werner. Messi and CR7 are Ballon d'Or winners. Not fair to compare Lukaku to any of them, and they are not on the market.

I reckon CRon would be on the market and Messi definitely is!

Not arguing we should sign either. Messi will almost certainly go to PSG. What a side they will have!

Donnarumma; Hakimi, Ramos, Marquinhos, Bernat; Verratti, Wijnaldum, Di Maria; Neymar, Messi, Mbappé

Subs: Navas, Kimpembe, Kurzawa, Paredes, Rafinha, Herrera, Gueye, Draxler, Icardi

They'd be walking the PL. 

12 hours ago, Leo91 said:

PSG wage bill must be ridiculous. Ramos, Donnarumma, Neymar, Mbappe. Can they really afford Messi 

Qatar is a country. They can pay whatever Messi wants. 

10 hours ago, bert19 said:

‘More Than A Club’ my arse.

They are certainly more than a club. It's what you put in the "more" that's interesting. Cult? I'm taking great pleasure in watching them faler like this - ditto Real. Serves them right. 

1 hour ago, Northern Lights said:

Cron is 36. And the shirt sales thing is a myth.

Think you might be talking from a place where the southern lights do not shine?

21 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Danny Ings has no business playing for Man U, Man C, Liverpool or Chelsea. He has already tried his luck at Liverpool, back when they were pretty average and he flopped big time. Villa, Everton and the like is his level. 

Bit harsh , didn't he get a career threatening injury shortly into his Liverpool career that kept him out of the side for absolutely ages and then when fit again they sold him?

There would be only 3 clubs in this country who could find a way to pay Messi his wages,City can't now they've signed Grealish, United can't because of the signings they've made, and us (until we sign Lukaku ) everyone else (Arsenal and Spurs) can only dream.City are already under investigation, United are trying to find away to get Haaland, and unless Roman has a change of heart, we won't.

BUT how can Psg afford his wages and the rest of their players and not break FFP?

so I think he will stay where he is unless he joins Beckhams team?

bert19   
22 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

Haven't they already been sanctioned by the MLS for having four franchise signings instead of the permitted three? 

Also, lets all just take a moment and imagine that picture of Phil Neville with his arm around Lionel Messi giving tactical advice in training or during a break in play of a game. Superb  😂

VA96   

For what it's worth - not sure if people have seen Christian Purslow's video last night regarding the Grealish transfer (very transparent). He had a £100m release clause which shows transparency surrounding fees is still close to zero in English football having someone at his level confirm the fees widely reported. I know there have been a lot of questions surrounding fees and how believable they are on this thread previously. 

Link: 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

There would be only 3 clubs in this country who could find a way to pay Messi his wages,City can't now they've signed Grealish, United can't because of the signings they've made, and us (until we sign Lukaku ) everyone else (Arsenal and Spurs) can only dream.City are already under investigation, United are trying to find away to get Haaland, and unless Roman has a change of heart, we won't.

BUT how can Psg afford his wages and the rest of their players and not break FFP?

FFP never really existed for those that were willing to put it through courts (Man City) it was just a cartel system to keep the big clubs safe. Anyway, it got 'relaxed' so they can do what they want at the moment.