• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

I'm terrified by this version of Lukaku. 

Lol. I can edit snippets from Messi's career and make a similar montage. Hell, his 2 games against us in 2012 would give as many moments of faux pas as there were in this whole video. Remember the missed pen, losing the ball to SFL for our goal at SB etc etc. 

Edited by didierforever
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how the club can get hold of an R2D2? If we can get hold of one we can get Jane to record a holographic message to tell Messi he is our only hope against Lukaku. 

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think a midfielder coming in will depend on what Tuchel thinks he can do with RLC  and whether he can be the 4th option behind Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic or not. My guess is RLC will get this season and then Rice will come in next summer.

Yep, I think 4th CM is a spot for someone you don't have great aspirations for and don't intend to invest very much in (so absolutely not for someone like Billy Gilmour), and expect Loftus-Cheek or Bakayoko to get that position for the next year. The money is better spent elsewhere. We would only spend on CMs this summer if we were looking to change CM1 or CM2 and ... Why would we?

bert19   
1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

Yep, I think 4th CM is a spot for someone you don't have great aspirations for and don't intend to invest very much in (so absolutely not for someone like Billy Gilmour), and expect Loftus-Cheek or Bakayoko to get that position for the next year. The money is better spent elsewhere. We would only spend on CMs this summer if we were looking to change CM1 or CM2 and ... Why would we?

Not quite convinced RLC has the legs to play in that double-pivot very often to be honest.  It's a bit of an odd one.  One injury and we suddenly look pretty short there.  Or worse, it's back to Jorginho and Kovacic pairing for weeks on end - that's not been very enjoyable in the recent past. I feel like we need someone a bit different as an option. 

Sciatika   

Two things - it's the Express and when was the last time RA told the papers about his private meetings?

8 minutes ago, Kezza said:

As one of only a handful of clubs that could afford him I am not surprised there will be speculation but its no more than a guessing journo with no named source

Sciatika   

Here's a question with no sensible answer. Does the Grealish move to Man City make it more or less likely that referees will ignore his penchant for falling over whenever players come near him? When I watch Man City, I can see them get annoyed with the antics of Stirling, but I think that is mostly the backchat rather than his strange inner ear condition. Also, if Kane goes there, will they start to punish his habit of making a back (which can be very nasty for defenders)? I get the feeling that Spurs and Villa seem to get away with stuff that bigger clubs do not. Of course, I am excepting LFC and MUFC there.

bert19   
26 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

As one of only a handful of clubs that could afford him I am not surprised there will be speculation but its no more than a guessing journo with no named source

Or quite possible they’ve made it up and their “sources” have backed up their theories

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

Not quite convinced RLC has the legs to play in that double-pivot very often to be honest.  It's a bit of an odd one.  One injury and we suddenly look pretty short there.  Or worse, it's back to Jorginho and Kovacic pairing for weeks on end - that's not been very enjoyable in the recent past. I feel like we need someone a bit different as an option. 

The "not very often" bit is the point; CM4 just isn't needed often enough to justify having a lot of money or potential there. A make-do is enough for it. And we'd be short with an injury no matter who CM4 happens to be.

For me you either spend huge money on a super talent who changes the pecking order entirely, or you just get CM4 from what we already have. So in that sense I guess we don't wildly disagree.

• Like 1