• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   

Fabrizio linking us with Saul from Atletico on loan, with an option to buy.

Interesting one, that one. Don't know a huge amount about him TBH.

Diddymen   
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Saul hasnt been a regular in the Atletico team for a couple of seasons. Not sure where this leaves RLC and Ampadu

Bison   
10 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Saul hasnt been a regular in the Atletico team for a couple of seasons. Not sure where this leaves RLC and Ampadu

Leaves them exactly where they are. As it stands we have 3 midfielders that Tuchel is willing to use and he mentioned Chalobah as a possible option there. RLC and Ampadu are nowhere near the first team and should be heading out on loan. 

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

22 league starts last year, and 35 league starts the year before.

Definitely dropped off last season in terms of his significance in the first team 

24 minutes ago, Bison said:

Leaves them exactly where they are. As it stands we have 3 midfielders that Tuchel is willing to use and he mentioned Chalobah as a possible option there. RLC and Ampadu are nowhere near the first team and should be heading out on loan. 

Quite how RLC has managed to move himself further away from the 1st team squad, is bewildering. Feels a bit like he has failed to grasp his final chance.

Ampadu needs a perfect loan season or it will likely be curtains for him too...

50 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

His performances have dropped off in the last year or so, but still an A1 player. Pretty alround player who can play almost all roles in the mid. 

I don't know if he would WANT to come here though. He needs to get his career back on track. And there is far more of a chance to do that when your competition is Fred, mctominay and matic rather than jorgi, kante and kova. 

8 minutes ago, didierforever said:

His performances have dropped off in the last year or so, but still an A1 player. Pretty alround player who can play almost all roles in the mid. 

I don't know if he would WANT to come here though. He needs to get his career back on track. And there is far more of a chance to do that when your competition is Fred, mctominay and matic rather than jorgi, kante and kova. 

True, but the other way of looking at it is being coached by Tuchel or Ole… I know which one id prefer to try and help get me back to my best.

If we do sign him, that all but ends RLC’s slim chances of making it here and would likely be moved on, I just hope it’s a permanent move and he doesn’t become another member of the loan army, he needs to settle somewhere and get decent game time.

Ampadu is still only 20, so I think another season or 2 on loan for him makes sense, but it needs to be at the right club, somewhere he will get game time and under a manager that can help him progress. Southampton maybe or maybe he could go the other way on loan for a deal for Rice?

paulw66   

Big Z off to West Ham for EUR 30m.

We will then buy Kounde by all accounts. 

Just now, paulw66 said:

Big Z off to West Ham for EUR 30m.

We will then buy Kounde by all accounts. 

That strikes me as an utter bargain , he's a really good player in my opinion .