• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Flinkers   
4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It does seem like Kounde will come in and I think Zouma will still move to West Ham, I don’t think the club would get Kounde in this summer if they weren’t confident of getting one out as well. Unless maybe we sign Kounde and loan him back for the season, because I think he’s a player we’re looking at for the long term rather than an instant impact.

Only other question is whether we sign a CM as well, I have a feeling that we will. I’ve read in a few places that Jose would like to take RLC to Roma, so that could free up a space and help finance another signing.

Maybe Rüdiger has rejected his offered contract and will be sold instead? I can't see him and Christensen making it to January without an extension.

15 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

Maybe Rüdiger has rejected his offered contract and will be sold instead? I can't see him and Christensen making it to January without an extension.

I think Christensen will get his contract soon, I’d be shocked if that isn’t sorted quite quickly from both sides.

Rudiger is an interesting one though, he’ll be 29 at the end of this season, so it’s likely to be his last big contract and also his last chance to make a move to a big club for a big pay day, so he has a lot to think about, hence him taking his time to make a decision, although that said im not sure what big clubs are out there that have the money to offer him… PSG maybe, to replace Ramos after they realise he’s old and knackered? It will be interesting to see how the club deal with the situation over the next few months. Does anyone know the length of contract we’re offering him? Presuming it’s only 3 years? 

paulw66   
47 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think Christensen will get his contract soon, I’d be shocked if that isn’t sorted quite quickly from both sides.

Rudiger is an interesting one though, he’ll be 29 at the end of this season, so it’s likely to be his last big contract and also his last chance to make a move to a big club for a big pay day, so he has a lot to think about, hence him taking his time to make a decision, although that said I'm not sure what big clubs are out there that have the money to offer him… PSG maybe, to replace Ramos after they realise he’s old and knackered? It will be interesting to see how the club deal with the situation over the next few months. Does anyone know the length of contract we’re offering him? Presuming it’s only 3 years? 

I understood that the AC and Rudiger contracts will be taken care of when the window shuts. Current priority for the board is the remaining ins and outs.

I'd give AC 5 years, and Toni at least 3

• Like 1

paulw66   
3 hours ago, Bison said:

So Monaco were knocked out of the Champions League last night following a 2-2 draw on the night (3-2 over the two legs). 

Tchouameni had another good game:

Perfect fit for us and should be signed. Would be annoyed to see him join another English club. 

A very good compilation. If he can play like that regularly, then he would be a great addition. Might start watching some of their games.

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

So. Apparently kounde would be a chelsea player for 50m€, but zouma deal to WHU is on dangerous waters.

The Zouma deal was off and back on almost by the minute it seemed overnight. Who knows what is happening?!

Ham   

Sounds good when they put it like this....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Seen a few posts around our net spend to rebuild this team and it is incredibly impressive. I know net spend may just be a thing thrown around by fans to try and prove a point, but regardless this shows just how well run the club is. So much planning and hard work has to go in to balancing the books in this way and I love to see it.

Ham   
Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Seen a few posts around our net spend to rebuild this team and it is incredibly impressive. I know net spend may just be a thing thrown around by fans to try and prove a point, but regardless this shows just how well run the club is. So much planning and hard work has to go in to balancing the books in this way and I love to see it.

A certain someone will be along soon enough to rubbish these figures based upon his experience of doing accounts locally in the 1970s. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bison   
30 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

A very good compilation. If he can play like that regularly, then he would be a great addition. Might start watching some of their games.

The Zouma deal was off and back on almost by the minute it seemed overnight. Who knows what is happening?!

I would say he's a better player now than Kovacic and would improve the midfield massively. At only 21, he's going to be a serious player for a long time.

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Just a shame that we've lost some really talented young players like Tomori, Livramento and Musiala.

Also, that final number would look a lot better if they bothered to scout properly and didn't sign a dud for 72m.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

It might seem like we have proper football people working with proper business people working with proper accountants and financial planners, all working with a proper vision in mind. Lots of right decisions have been made. So many that even a disastrous mistake like paying 72m for Kepa has been rectified without much ado.

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Bison said:

Also, that final number would look a lot better if they bothered to scout properly and didn't sign a dud for 72m.

Kepa was signed before the period in which those numbers refer. Not that I am justifying the outlay, but the Kepa fee isn't included in the numbers quoted.