• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Sounds good when they put it like this....

The work Marina has done in the last 3 years is just AMAZING!!!!

Though tbf, Kovacic and Pulisic should be added in it too. Still 120m - 130m net spend in 3 seasons and literally revamping the whole squad. BRILLIANT bit of business from the club.

Just now, didierforever said:

The work Marina has done in the last 3 years is just AMAZING!!!!

Though tbf, Kovacic and Pulisic should be added in it too. Still 120m - 130m net spend in 3 seasons and literally revamping the whole squad. BRILLIANT bit of business from the club.

Spot on. And yet some people blame “the board” for everything. 🙌🏿🤪

1 hour ago, Wolfie Smith said:

So you are expecting the team to be playing a back 5 for the coming years, as both are not really that outstanding in a back 4 

Why not? Seems to be working for us. 

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Why not? Seems to be working for us. 

They would both be fine in a 4, too. 

Rudiger was a mainstay there under Sarri and we had the third best defensive record in the league. AC has improved so much too. 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

They would both be fine in a 4, too. 

Rudiger was a mainstay there under Sarri and we had the third best defensive record in the league. AC has improved so much too. 

I think so too. But dont think our attack would be as good. 

We really dont have traditional wingers, what we have is Mount and Kai who are an absolute nuisance buzzing all around the pitch, finding those holes in the opposition midfield and playing those high IQ plays. 

If we shift to a back 4, we either need to drop one of them or play them on the wings, both of which wont be the best use of those brilliant brilliant talent.

I think we play a back 3 as much to get the best use of those 2 (and the rest of our FWDs by letting our WBs provide the width rather than waste mount/Kai out wide), as due to the shortcomings of the CBs. 

JaneB   

Really Hammy?

DWMH maybe like Marmite to some on here, but really doesn't deserve the cheap shots? 

It was just a light hearted joke for goodness sake.

I can't speak for Droy but he does appear to have a very thick skin and has had far worse said to him on here.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JaneB said:

It was just a light hearted joke for goodness sake.

I can't speak for Droy but he does appear to have a very thick skin and has had far worse said to him on here.

Thick skinned yes, but that was both nasty and dumb.  (I take it my autocensored ******** was illegible to the mods as well)

I spent a lot of time explaining things over those 19/20 & 20/21 numbers in details with proper explanations and quotes from the board, and got some serious abuse as a result (much worse than Ham dishes out and something the mods should have picked up on).
Ham has just backed the idiot in the discussion.  It seems to be very little about the finances.

Ham   

Really Hammy?

DWMH maybe like Marmite to some on here, but really doesn't deserve the cheap shots? 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Must be frustrating for the hacks, all this waiting. Should they write yet another almost done piece or start on the instead.

Obviously the £65m for Pasalic last summer is wrong (Morata as the board stated was done the year before).  So £13m is a better guess.
But the cash approach to trading is the right method to look at things.  

Ham - you know a bare minimum about interpreting reports, yet you have the nerve to be rude about people who spend a lot of effort explaining the topic.
Stop being such a ********.

21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Thick skinned yes, but that was both nasty and dumb.  (I take it my autocensored ******** was illegible to the mods as well)

I spent a lot of time explaining things over those 19/20 & 20/21 numbers in details with proper explanations and quotes from the board, and got some serious abuse as a result (much worse than Ham dishes out and something the mods should have picked up on).
Ham has just backed the idiot in the discussion.  It seems to be very little about the finances.

Both a couple of prize hipocrites, you really are. 

bert19   

Sky Sports reporting that we're in talks for Jules Kounde now (Not that I suppose that is news really...) 

3 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Sky Sports reporting that we're in talks for Jules Kounde now (Not that I suppose that is news really...) 

Not seen huge amount of him, but feels very much like the heir apparent to Azpilicueta from next season. RB in a four should we expand that way in the future, but with ability to play RCB in a back three . He appears to be strong in one on ones , decent on the ball and adds some additional pace to the back line.

Offers more flexibility than Zouma whilst also being better on the ball .

He looks like he would be quite an exciting signing. Feels like a done deal as nearly every other club who were linked have faded away, when that happens it is usually a sign its a done deal and all clubs know it. Just a case of waiting for the moving particles to fall into place. Sancho to Utd was another one of those type transfers, all other clubs moved on and a case of waiting for it to happen.

I would expect this to be Azpilicueta's last season with Chelsea, off the back of this  probable signing.