• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, didierforever said:

Why not? Seems to be working for us. 

Let’s hope the system is good enough to make up 20pts in the PL. Only  Conte has done it with that system, and he didn’t have to cope with Europe.

“I guess Europe could be used an reason if there is a big delta between 1st and where Chelsea finish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, paulw66 said:

They would both be fine in a 4, too. 

Rudiger was a mainstay there under Sarri and we had the third best defensive record in the league. AC has improved so much too. 

Rudiger and AC would not make Chitty’s, ManUre, Dippers starting 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolfie Smith said:

Rudiger and AC would not make Chitty’s, ManUre, Dippers starting 11

Is there anything/anyone that you actually like/rate about this club and it's players? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2021 at 2:32 PM, Ibn Battuta said:

Saul signed a 9 year deal in 2017. He must have stagnated in a big way if they are shopping him around like this. Sometimes you never know. Maybe he got too comfortable and needs to get out. But I am sure skeptical of transfers where the selling club appear very eager to move on. Especially A.Madrid who after all know talent better than most teams. 

A player that has looked absolutely useless for well over a year… Why on earth would we get involved? I get it he was a great player, but it’s very worrying he’s fallen off a cliff like that and A Madrid seem very anxious to get rid of him. 

Not good signs. 

On 25/08/2021 at 3:22 PM, Worsebytheday said:

Someone tell me how United are Supposely in poll position to sign Haaland?

if the figures that the agent demanded are true, no one in their right minds will buy him

I’ve always said we should stay far away from any player who’s agent is Mino Raiola. That man is a psychopath. 

21 hours ago, Bison said:

So Monaco were knocked out of the Champions League last night following a 2-2 draw on the night (3-2 over the two legs). 

Tchouameni had another good game:

Perfect fit for us and should be signed. Would be annoyed to see him join another English club. 

That’s a signing that would make a lot of sense. 

17 hours ago, Bison said:

I would say he's a better player now than Kovacic and would improve the midfield massively. At only 21, he's going to be a serious player for a long time.

 

Just a shame that we've lost some really talented young players like Tomori, Livramento and Musiala.

Yep, having lost those three really hurts. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wolfie Smith said:

Let’s hope the system is good enough to make up 20pts in the PL. Only  Conte has done it with that system, and he didn’t have to cope with Europe.

“I guess Europe could be used an reason if there is a big delta between 1st and where Chelsea finish. 

Are we blaming the system for the 20 pt gap? Sarri used a back 4 and what was the pt gap? FL used a back 4 (majorly) and what was the pt gap?

Also, only conte has done it with a back 3, because conte was the one who bought a back 3 to PL. Traditionally PL (and football) has been so back 4 dominant. 

But 3 at the back suits us. It suits our CBs and most importantly suits our fwds in kai, mount who simply are traditional wingers to be played out wide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

A player that has looked absolutely useless for well over a year… Why on earth would we get involved? I get it he was a great player, but it’s very worrying he’s fallen off a cliff like that and A Madrid seem very anxious to get rid of him. 

Not good signs. 

You can replace "A Madrid" with "R Madrid" and be talking about kovacic because it was such a similar circumstance in which we got kova. Think he has been good enough. Saul was one of the best and all round mids in the game, just an year ago. One bad season won't change that. 

He is still 26, hardly gets injured, but the main issue is that his manager made him play out wide or as a lwb, rwb etc in the last year. 

Just like kova, easy to see why we are in for him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kratos   

If TT can get a tune out him then why not?

I wouldn't mind the lad at Monaco though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, didierforever said:

You can replace "A Madrid" with "R Madrid" and be talking about kovacic because it was such a similar circumstance in which we got kova. Think he has been good enough. Saul was one of the best and all round mids in the game, just an year ago. One bad season won't change that. 

He is still 26, hardly gets injured, but the main issue is that his manager made him play out wide or as a lwb, rwb etc in the last year. 

Just like kova, easy to see why we are in for him 

Kovacic was never anything more than a bit part player at Real. Saul was A Madrids jewel and signed a 9 year contract. 

Two very different situations I’d say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Kovacic was never anything more than a bit part player at Real. Saul was A Madrids jewel and signed a 9 year contract. 

Two very different situations I’d say. 

Kova was bought in as a long term solution. 

Saul was given a long contract as he was one of the best mids in the world. So are you telling me that one of the best and most complete mids in the world for the last 5 years, is not worth a punt on loan because he had one average season? That too at an age of 26?!!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, didierforever said:

Are we blaming the system for the 20 pt gap? Sarri used a back 4 and what was the pt gap? FL used a back 4 (majorly) and what was the pt gap?

Also, only conte has done it with a back 3, because conte was the one who bought a back 3 to PL. Traditionally PL (and football) has been so back 4 dominant. 

But 3 at the back suits us. It suits our CBs and most importantly suits our fwds in kai, mount who simply are traditional wingers to be played out wide. 

Conte started with a back four which was unsuccessful "remember the arsenal game", he reverted back to what he knew and coached at Juve, and the National squad. No Europe meant Conte had 5 days a week to coach/drill the squad.

That is a first that Havetz and Mount are wingers???  "Do you mean DWMH player who is an outside right playing on the left with freedom to go left, right or center midfield and drifting into a DM role when the other team countering"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now