• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

20 minutes ago, Bison said:

(CHO)  Interesting. He doesn't seem to be even second choice in any position so he definitely should go play football somewhere.

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

He should have gone on loan 2 years ago, but it was all a bit political. Still hasn't delivered any sort of consistency to go with his undoubted talent. End product needs a lot of work. Not sure how that would leave us, attacking wise..... down to 6 players for 3 positions, but I guess if Saul comes in, then Mount wont be needed in CM at all.

Ziyech, Mount, Havertz, Werner, Lukaku, Pulisic........hope nobody gets injured for too long

Even if he is 7th choice for 3 positions (ignoring options  to play him at WB) that is too few players given 3 subs a game (with talk still out there about bringing back more subs).

I think the politics was simpler than many make out - it is clear in hindsight that the player BM were after was Musiala not CHO.

Yes he should have gone on loan, and might have done but for the injury that meant his missed the start of that season.

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

He needs 2 seasons of 40+ starts, that's never happening here. 

From the CHO pov he should still go out on loan.  But he has been paid enough by now to have to play to earn his keep, not get development preference.

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

Getting a bit concerned, if true, about just how easily our English academy players are being discarded.

There is certainly a lot of demand for them.  That is good.  Applications from young kids to Cobham must be going through the roof.

5 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

If we could get him out on loan at Villa, Southampton , Leeds type club for the season. I think it will really help him and the club in deciding what the future holds. I do think the club are a little scared to lose him and it coming back to haunt us, I just feel they believe his potential is so high and untapped, it would cost a fortune to bring it back further down the line , should it ever materialise.

Absolutely (and I agree with the parts I cut out too).  But we are a player or two short in his position already.
On his play at WB, I think we need to remember the stunning performances we have seen at WB by Alonso and Azpi and, now that he has watched and listened to TT, by James this season.  The TT way is to have 8 men winning all the 50/50s against their 10 and then have 2 guys absolutely free out wide.  That means the WBs really have to deliver, expectations are really high.

I see Liverpool are after Yves Bissouma , saw him play last weekend and he was absolutely fantastic , I thought he was someone we should be looking at (maybe we have) , I'd hate it if he goes there . 

Kezza   

Why is it that Saul is not wanted at Atletico? Seems pretty strange to me.

48 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

There is certainly a lot of demand for them.  That is good.  Applications from young kids to Cobham must be going through the roof.

I've a friend/ex-colleague who's son is at a Championship (ex-PL) Academy in the 14's. Most of the young lads there aspire to getting the call from our own or A-Villa's academy currently.

Villa are throwing a lot of money around at youth level right now, according to the father and we have done for a good while. The other over-riding thing for the father is that he knows that the Chelsea academy produces a good number as a proportion, of professional footballers. 

He is a die-hard L'pool fan and it pains him to say it, but he knows an academy such as Chelsea is one of the best routes through for his son. The lad is extremely well regarded too, plays and trains with 15's and 16's. Villa have already told him they're coming in for him when his 14's deal is done at the end of the season. Chelsea's man is also interested.

A good example of how much money there is invested in very young promising players is that Nike have provided this young chap with £5k per year to spend on boots and sportswear - at 14 years old!

Edited by East Lower

28 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I see Liverpool are after Yves Bissouma , saw him play last weekend and he was absolutely fantastic , I thought he was someone we should be looking at (maybe we have) , I'd hate it if he goes there . 

Yep same here. Massive fan of this lad, I was talking him up on here last season for the January window.

He has the lot for me, great engine and pace, fantastic ball recovery, very good technical ability, can also add creative elements to his game. Probably just lacks goals really.

He would be a real coup for any of the bigger clubs who manage to get hold of him. The thought of seeing him arrive in that Liverpool midfield is a pretty horrible one.

We still lack bite and aggression as a team. Take Rudiger out, the next spikiest team member is probably Mount! Bissouma adds extra physicality into the midfield area and additional pace and recovery. It might leave us for 4 very high level players for 2 positions, but his next move will be a big one and I think £40-£50 million is good value for money. You miss him now and he is gone for the best part of his career. 

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yep same here. Massive fan of this lad, I was talking him up on here last season for the January window.

He has the lot for me, great engine and pace, fantastic ball recovery, very good technical ability, can also add creative elements to his game. Probably just lacks goals really.

He would be a real coup for any of the bigger clubs who manage to get hold of him. The thought of seeing him arrive in that Liverpool midfield is a pretty horrible one.

We still lack bite and aggression as a team. Take Rudiger out, the next spikiest team member is probably Mount! Bissouma adds extra physicality into the midfield area and additional pace and recovery. It might leave us for 4 very high level players for 2 positions, but his next move will be a big one and I think £40-£50 million is good value for money. You miss him now and he is gone for the best part of his career. 

you're not going to buy him and either Rice or the Monaco lad though.....can't go for everyone 

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

you're not going to buy him and either Rice or the Monaco lad though.....can't go for everyone 

Yes very true. I’ve not see the lad from Monaco play, but at 21 it’s hard to see him being at a level high enough to displace who we have. He seems more one for the future.

I’m a big fan of Rice, looks a perfect fit. Well over priced though, it’s clear they will be holding out for close to £100 million and no club pays that for him. . Bissouma would offer the best value for money and be of a level and experience to contribute now.

For those reasons, he would be my personal preference.

paulw66   
15 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yes very true. I’ve not see the lad from Monaco play, but at 21 it’s hard to see him being at a level high enough to displace who we have. He seems more one for the future.

Isn't that ideal, though? We don't need replacements now for Jorgi and Kante 

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Why is it that Saul is not wanted at Atletico? Seems pretty strange to me.

yes, strange.  Mind you a 9 year contract does seem like a recipe for trouble 4 years in (ie now).
Perhaps that is why his form has dropped.

1 hour ago, East Lower said:

I've a friend/ex-colleague who's son is at a Championship (ex-PL) Academy in the 14's. Most of the young lads there aspire to getting the call from our own or A-Villa's academy currently.

Villa are throwing a lot of money around at youth level right now, according to the father and we have done for a good while. The other over-riding thing for the father is that he knows that the Chelsea academy produces a good number as a proportion, of professional footballers. 

He is a die-hard L'pool fan and it pains him to say it, but he knows an academy such as Chelsea is one of the best routes through for his son. The lad is extremely well regarded too, plays and trains with 15's and 16's. Villa have already told him they're coming in for him when his 14's deal is done at the end of the season. Chelsea's man is also interested.

A good example of how much money there is invested in very young promising players is that Nike have provided this young chap with £5k per year to spend on boots and sportswear - at 14 years old!

Another great example.  Kids go to Academy to become PL footballers (with PL salaries), not because they are committed to a club they love.  

And it becomes self-fulfilling.  The best Academies get the best results because the product being so good promotes more competition at entry level, and the greater internal competition generates better players.

Nike - I wonder if Nike are creating a route for the club to directly pay or assist they U16 kids.  ie, we'll cut the sponsorship fee/shirt deal to you by £200k, and offer £250k worth of free kit to your younger players.

Edited by Droy was my hero