• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 minutes ago, Northern Lights said:

Nice post. And when you add that Werner seems out of favour and you never know where you are with Pulisic injury-wise (and Kanté?) we do look, well, a bit thin. Who is our backup striker? Werner? Kai? 🤷🏿‍♂️🧨

Precisely. Perhaps we have been a little bit hasty to get rid of so many players. We look incredibly light in certain areas. 

32 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Precisely. Perhaps we have been a little bit hasty to get rid of so many players. We look incredibly light in certain areas. 

If we add another midfielder it’d help, but yeah…hey ho. No time to worry about it now. 🤷🏿‍♂️🧨

23 minutes ago, Northern Lights said:

If we add another midfielder it’d help, but yeah…hey ho. No time to worry about it now. 🤷🏿‍♂️🧨

Also, do you spend money on a midfielder when Gilmour or Gallagher could be ready for the first team next season? We don't want to end up with another Drinkwater...

1 minute ago, chiswickblue said:

Also, do you spend money on a midfielder when Gilmour or Gallagher could be ready for the first team next season? We don't want to end up with another Drinkwater...

There is that. Maybe that’s why a loan for Saul was reported; we still need someone in there imo. 🙌🏿

7 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Or two McEachrans.
Gallagher though does have a lot of games behind him now, and I would imagine the club are pencilling him in for next season when he'll be 22.
Billy is just the opposite and needs to be playing this year and next.
But I think it is the nature of football to bring in players without knowing if they will work out, even if they do cost £50m.  
The trick is to get 4 out of 5 right.

The player we could do with right now is a 29 yo Pedro.  

57 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

We still have Barkley who is more than capable of doing a job for the team.

chara   
5 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Agree...but which team?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Not given a squad number. It doesn't seem anyone at the club, who has a say, agrees.

22 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

A championship team. 🙈💁🏿‍♂️

We still have RLC (unless I’ve missed something) who could cover one of the AM tiles if needed and could do a job as CM 4/5 if needed and I’d guess if nobody else comes in at CM, he’ll be the man sticking around to act as cover.

My guess is that TT is going to play Mount, Lukaku and Havertz as much as he can and then Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech are the back ups, unless one of them can force TT to pick them more often, so with CHO and RLC able to back up those positions, I think we’re ok from an attacking sense.

The CM area is the one that really worries me. It seems inevitable that Kante will miss various chunks of games through injury and we don’t really have anyone to cover him when he’s not there, in the role he plays foe the team. Kovacic can come in and I think does well, but if we were to lose 2 of the CM 3 for any length of time, we’re in trouble. RLC can cover, but no more than cover, same goes for Mount. Chalobah could do a job, but we don’t want someone ‘doing a job’ for too many games.