• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

9 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

With a very likely option to buy kicking in as well?

Just a bizarre story when you look back at it, he started alright at Chelsea, but his form just plummeted to the point where he looked like he didn't really know how to play football, but then still managed to get back to back loans at decent European clubs.

He'll be 29 at the end of this loan and will have been registered with us for 6 seasons.

An some on here are wanting the club to sign another midfielder from Monaco?

5 hours ago, Rob B said:

Depends.  We all see CHO as a flying left forward, but Tuchel sees him as a RWB, and therefore IF Kounde comes in,  it’ll be James, Azpi and Kounde all ahead of him in that position. 

Up top, it’s Lukaku, Havertz, Mount, Werner, Ziyech and Pulisic all ahead of him. 

Sneaky suspicion this one might have legs 

Dortmund or Leicester would be a good move for CHO, decent coaches who would give him minutes playing in his favoured position 

At some point a Chelsea coach will revert to a back 4. 

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

So lots of reporters saying saul to chelsea is close, but romano says it's off. Don't know who to believe.

The only person in the know, because today is his day is Mr Burgundy at Talksh*t and Sky

12 hours ago, didierforever said:

Fair play to him, I had him down as being willing to sit it out and take his pay but this suggests he wants to play. Hope it works out for him, apparently had lots of personal difficulties in recent years.

I see the deals that were definitely done last week and definitely undoable yesterday are still potentially on the table today. Gotta love the end of the transfer window.

paulw66   
10 hours ago, didierforever said:

Ampadu (conditional on kounde?)

RLC (conditional on saul?)

Yes, I think these two will get green lighted to leave depending on arrival(s)

Ampadu I guess you could argue could cover both CB and DM. 

If we don't get Kounde, that leaves Trevor as CB5, so should get a fair amount of opportunities, seeing as Thiago is old, and Azpi is also 2nd choice RWB. 

paulw66   
On 28/08/2021 at 7:34 PM, The_Ghost said:

I know what you are talking about. But only a day ago you claimed an 18 year old Livramento was impossible to keep on the bench and eased in, whereas you now seem to think that’s a perfect strategy for a 21 year old french international who really is no affiliation to Chelsea previously. 

I didn't say the bolded bit at all. That is your creation.

What I said was, that I believe Livramento (and Guehi) refused to sign new deals as they had offers to be first choice players at a PL club now (albeit ones that will battle relegation). They chose to do that rather than spend the next year or two out on loan. Absolutely their prerogative, and I don't have an issue with it. 

In terms of Livramento, his challenge (and I can only hypothesise here, as I don't know the lad) is that his direct competition is England International and 21 year old, Reece James. 

In terms of Tchouameni, I believe you could convince him to be CM4 because I think CM4 here will get far more minutes this season than TL would, and medium to long term, you are looking at Jorginho and Kante being 29 and 30 respectively, the latter of whom is now consistently injured. But it a different way, if we don't sign anyone else, there is a big worry at CM, much more than at RWB. 

paulw66   
36 minutes ago, didierforever said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/08/31/sterling-s-contract-and-switch-to-championship

Dujon to Blackpool official. Wishing him the best. Quite liked him since the youth days and hope he can get his career back on track. 

Had illness and injury I believe. Good luck to him, indeed.

Bison   

So Marina has sold off half the academy and bought one player. Also giving away players she bought in the infamous summer of 2017 and subsidising their wages on the way out. 

Matt Law and the rest of the sycophants at The Athletic will now write several pieces praising her for the amazing summer she's had.