• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

I understand your concern.

We do have James and Chilwell along with Alonso but we really are vulnerable in our defence when it comes to injuries and suspentions.

We do at RWB if both Reecey and Azpi are out.

51 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Whilst it was a very good window, and the squad overall looks very strong,  I am a bit concerned we’re light at the back, now we’ve let Zouma/Ampadu go and not bought Kounde.

We know Silva can’t (won’t) play more than once a week ideally and we also know AC is prone to the odd knock.  At that point we are pretty bare.  I love Chalobah and properly rooting for him to make it here but the guys played two games at the top level, so we need to be patience with him.  Suppose Reece could drop in…but it looks like a lot of games for Christensen and Rudiger 

Completely agree. I think letting Zouma go was definitely on the proviso that Kounde was coming in and now he hasn't... With Kounde we'd have been so much stronger but, now we are an injury or two away from having to disrupt the shape/formation. 

Not seen much of Saul. He seems very one footed from the you tube clips I've seen over the past week.. but then again I guess Messi and Matric were too and they did ok

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Whilst it was a very good window, and the squad overall looks very strong,  I am a bit concerned we’re light at the back, now we’ve let Zouma/Ampadu go and not bought Kounde.

We know Silva can’t (won’t) play more than once a week ideally and we also know AC is prone to the odd knock.  At that point we are pretty bare.  I love Chalobah and properly rooting for him to make it here but the guys played two games at the top level, so we need to be patience with him.  Suppose Reece could drop in…but it looks like a lot of games for Christensen and Rudiger 

So if we lose two players, we're bare. I think this is true of every position at every club in the PL and CL.

I don't think you can have a squad that can cope with losing two players in one position without any problems. Having that third option for that one position brings with it significant issues of its own. 

We appear, if you take Sevilla's DoF at his word (which, in fairness, we probably shouldn't) to have sold Zouma in full awareness that Kounde wasn't coming for less than his release clause, and you'd have to assume we knew we weren't going to meet it. Which suggest the media narrative that Zouma was going to faciliate Kounde arriving never had much in it, and that Zouma was going irrespective. Losing multiple players to injury would cause us real issues, but losing multiple players to injury is only a possibility. Having too many players who don't get game time and sour the mood would also cause real issues, and would be inevitable. 

As it is, I expect the likelihood is we'll still have a defensive player (Chalobah) barely being used this season.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

What is "doing a Chalobah"? Would it be going out on loan three times? Because that's exactly what Ampadu has just done.

Going on loans and actually improve. Ethan has had two absolutely disastrous loans where he ha shardly played. The club didn't really think those two through properly and that has been to huge detriment of Ethan who a few years ago looked like he just needed one good loan to be able to stake a claim. Two bad loans after and he seems to be slipping away from the fold. Venezia is another strange loan for him - almost like they don't care about his development at all. But then again it's hard when you have 20+ players you need to find a new temporary home for. 

11 hours ago, Northern Lights said:

In a way I’m glad the Kounde deal is off. Trev looks like a player, he’s academy and he’s Chels! 🙌🏿🧨

I never understood the Kounde rumours in the first place. 

10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

It's embarrassing, isn't it? 

Mostly for Barkley I'd imagine. 

9 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Not gonna lie, mega excited by Saul.

Getting him and Lukaku and still making a profit is ridiculous

Well, we have certainly sold a number of real talented youngsters. The money in is for one year, the lost talent may come back to haunt us for multiple years. I'm on the fence with Saul. Really poor last season - let's see how hungry he is before we claim it's great business. 

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Venezia ain't gonna help him at all. I see a series of loans after loans for him sort of like touring Europe at he same time.

Ditto. Ethan at this stage seems like a lost cause to me. This is his third bad loan looming imo. He turns 21 in two weeks time. Tick tock.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

The only position where we are well-stocked is at CB - Azpilicueta, James, Rudiger, Silva, Christensen, Chalobah. 

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

20210901_083805.jpg

20210901_083759.jpg

Yes, but we have let go of Guehi, Tomori, Livramento, Bates, Peart-Harris, Abraham and Zouma. Sure, there are no guarantees these players will become players we can categorise as "players who got away", but I'd say that the risk of that is quite high for a number of them. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

10 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Yes, but we have let go of Guehi, Tomori, Livramento, Bates, Peart-Harris, Abraham and Zouma. Sure, there are no guarantees these players will become players we can categorise as "players who got away", but I'd say that the risk of that is quite high for a number of them. 

Buy back deals seem quite common, we know one exists for Tammy, maybe it does for the all.

7 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Buy back deals seem quite common, we know one exists for Tammy, maybe it does for the all.

Let's hope so!

15 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Let's hope so!

Its wise if we are now doing it as we have been bunt a few times now buying back ex players or wanting to and not having an agreement in place to do so. 

bert19   

Not a bad window overall. 

Got an English 3rd choice GK with a decent level of PL knowledge and plenty of Championship experience in. 

Got the proper striker we wanted and he wanted Chelsea too.  My only concern there is that we don't have a backup for him per say, so we might need to manage his minutes a little.  

Got a 4th CM that brings different qualities to the others and allows for changes in shape/plan when required. 

Kounde would have been nice, but seems Sevilla deemed it necessary to play silly buggers over the weekend and are left with a player that wants to leave and will be worth less money in 6 - 12 months.  I wouldn't be surprised to see us go back in for him come January or next summer, so I won't get too worried about that one. 

I can see us looking to add one or two in January as needed, but overall, you'd have to think this is the best squad we've had in some considerable time and we look to have a manager that will make us a real challenger for all of the trophies on offer.  Exciting times! 

39 minutes ago, Ham said:

20210901_083805.jpg

20210901_083759.jpg

Not really sure what point you are making

DWMH is the expert on this issue, however the club rarely has huge net spends after a successful season. 

Premier League net spend table: summer transfer window 2020

Date published: Wednesday 7th October 2020 8:28 - Ian Watson

Here is the Premier League net spend table for the summer 2020 transfer window. The figures, which are taken from the wonderful transfermarkt, show only Palace made an overall profit…

For all completed deals, head here.

1) Crystal Palace: £1.98m

Expenditure: £16.2m
Income: £18m

2) West Ham: £540,000

Expenditure: £19.98m
Income: £20.52m

3) Burnley: -£990,000

Expenditure: £990,000
Income: £0

4) Wolves: -£2.34m

Expenditure: £73.62