• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Five players for 3 positions given the amount of games we play is cutting it fine at the best of times. 

Add in the fact that one of those five is 36 years old and still travelling across the globe to play for his country and doesn’t play twice in  a week generally,  whilst another has only made 1 PL start for us, it’s not inconceivable that we will be thin on the ground at times (IMO)

Sarr may be in the squad for all we know.    But really CB is the place we have both most depth, and most options in terms of others filling in there.
Alonso and James, and even Chilwell could all play  at LCB or RCB.  CHO or Pulisic could cover at either WB.  And you only need subs for injuries, not for rotation inter or intra games..

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Five players for 3 positions given the amount of games we play is cutting it fine at the best of times. 

I think that we have plenty of options, should they be needed: Christensen, Rudiger, Silva, Chalobah, Azpi, Sarr, James & Alonso.

Anjorin gone on loan to Lokomotiv Moscow. No mention on the official website for any agreement to sell or buy (in contrast to, for example, the official website's coverage of Saul Niguez).

50 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Anjorin gone on loan to Lokomotiv Moscow. No mention on the official website for any agreement to sell or buy (in contrast to, for example, the official website's coverage of Saul Niguez).

It's a peculiar place to send a young man of colour. Racism is rampant in Russia - hope he develops a thick skin and gets a lot of playing time over there. The russian league isn't that bad in terms of quality - but I wonder whether a loan move to Holland, France, Spain or Germany wouldn't have suited him better?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

It's a peculiar place to send a young man of colour. Racism is rampant in Russia - hope he develops a thick skin and gets a lot of playing time over there. The russian league isn't that bad in terms of quality - but I wonder whether a loan move to Holland, France, Spain or Germany wouldn't have suited him better?

It is unusual, and I see a few other places are very confidently reporting there is a buy obligation (which perhaps makes the "choice" of club more understandable, but doesn't appear to be based on anything either club has said in public). I guess you'd loan him to the club that puts forward the best vision for him, and I can imagine Rangick doing that. 

I suspect he'll be very well looked after in a pastoral sense by the club, as I expect most foreign players at big Russian clubs are. But the matches are likely to be really horrible. 

19 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It is unusual, and I see a few other places are very confidently reporting there is a buy obligation (which perhaps makes the "choice" of club more understandable, but doesn't appear to be based on anything either club has said in public). I guess you'd loan him to the club that puts forward the best vision for him, and I can imagine Rangick doing that. 

I suspect he'll be very well looked after in a pastoral sense by the club, as I expect most foreign players at big Russian clubs are. But the matches are likely to be really horrible. 

Shocking in 2021 that some people are so vile. 🥺🤷🏿‍♂️

1 hour ago, Northern Lights said:

Shocking in 2021 that some people are so vile. 🥺🤷🏿‍♂️

It sure is. It’s even done in a sense where they don’t even see it as racism. I dated a Russian girl a decade or so ago and I’d say she was a very intelligent young lady with western values etc. But when it came to people of colour something in here just snapped. I think it’s a case of Russia not seeing many immigrants from a historical perspective but also a very strong national identity. 

I was really taken aback by her views. It just didn’t match the rest of her value set at all. Really weird experience. 

11 minutes ago, Wolfie Smith said:

Moscow is very cosmopolitan, along with St Petersburg,

Racism is Russia is no different to anywhere else in western Europe.

yes  Big city Vs small town makes a huge difference everywhere..

10 minutes ago, Wolfie Smith said:

Don’t know and don’t care  

I do suspect the colour statement is far fetched. Especially as there is a good possibility the person claiming to be Russian could have come from anywhere in Eastern Europe unless you saw her passport?

Just wondering if you have ever met a British national girl who’s made comments on skin colour?

You're out of order. You are calling someone a liar without any proof, provocation or reason. You presume to pontificate about someone's relationship and whether or not they knew the true identity of their partner ! Astonishing and against the whole spirit of this forum. You owe him an apology.

Edited by RDC Williams
  • Like 1