• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I'm not sure I buy that this was the real problem.

Ba's agent has stated that his client was on for a move until late in the afternoon on the summer transfer deadline day, and given Ba's own quotes on leaving and the whole Trabzonspor deal I think that version of events is credible. Ba staying was a result of Lukaku going- there was always going to be three strikers.

And then there are these quotes from Lukaku himself about the prospect of Rooney joining last summer.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1504850/romelu-lukaku-welcome-wayne-rooney-chelsea?cc=5739

It doesn't seem that Lukaku had any problem with Rooney arriving, and with the prospect of competing for playing time with two other players. Eto'o is not of the same standard as Rooney- if anything Lukaku should have fancied is chances of being first choice even more once it became clear he was the striker joining Chelsea.

I have no idea what might have happened, but the idea that Lukaku left because he was worried about being 4th choice doesn't stack up for me.

Lukaku said he left because he wanted to. Jose said Lukaku asked to go on loan - despite the fact that given the form of Torres in particular he would definitely have got games for us this season.

So whatever anyone else says, the player and the club both say it was him who asked to go.

Lukaku said he left because he wanted to. Jose said Lukaku asked to go on loan - despite the fact that given the form of Torres in particular he would definitely have got games for us this season.

So whatever anyone else says, the player and the club both say it was him who asked to go.

James, I feel you are being a little naïve. Had Eden Hazard asked to go out on loan for the season would Jose have sanctioned it?

Of course not.

He allowed Lukaku to go out because for whatever reason he valued Eto'o/Torres above him and felt we didn't particularly need him. Therein lies the mistake in my opinion.

GURJ SS   

James, I feel you are being a little naïve. Had Eden Hazard asked to go out on loan for the season would Jose have sanctioned it?

Of course not.

He allowed Lukaku to go out because for whatever reason he valued Eto'o/Torres above him and felt we didn't particularly need him. Therein lies the mistake in my opinion.

Hazard proved himself before coming to Chelsea in a decent league against some quality opposition. He then proved himself in training instantly. Hazard's quality is unquestionable. Lukaku came from a lower league an played against lower opposition. On top of that he himself admitted that at Everton he was improving at receiving the ball with his back to goal. Something he struggled with, he is now better at due to being on loan. If he was at Chelsea that something he would not have had a chance to improve on, because a few mistakes would have cost him his place.

Andyn   

Hazard proved himself before coming to Chelsea in a decent league against some quality opposition. He then proved himself in training instantly. Hazard's quality is unquestionable. Lukaku came from a lower league an played against lower opposition. On top of that he himself admitted that at Everton he was improving at receiving the ball with his back to goal. Something he struggled with, he is now better at due to being on loan. If he was at Chelsea that something he would not have had a chance to improve on, because a few mistakes would have cost him his place.

He was scoring goals in the premier league at west brom.

GURJ SS   

He was scoring goals in the premier league at west brom.

But his game at receiving the ball with his back to goal hadn't come along at all. The reason we play best with Eto'o as the striker is because he is able to receive the ball with his back to goal. Ba likes the ball played to him from the sides, Torres likes the ball played into his path, Eto'o is the one striker we have who is able to link up with the team with his back to goal. Lukaku will have improved that part of his game when he comes back, a very important part of being a lone striker, with that he will have a better chance to make the team. Everton like to keep possession, so it was the best move for him to learn this skill.

He scored goals an still is, I agree. However I would rather he learn something now on loan then keep losing his place while trying to learn something.

Edited by GURJ SS

lzheyi   

Really growing to like this kid Reus. Whoever get him next is a steal. He is getting better and better with time.

Can shoot, pass with two foot. Direct and yet creative. Good at free kick and set pieces. Causing Madrid all sort of problems last night.

Whats most impressive about our recent (post torres) scouting and purchases, is the players mentality and attitude. Shurrle, Salah, Oscar, Hazard, MVG, Matic, DAVE etc are great guys with the right attitude (of course ability is there too)

Sciatika   

I'm half Belgian so I can support them without looking like a bandwagoner, yay.

To me, wanting Belgium to do well is partly about wanting Hazard, Courteois and Lukaku (and, in a way, KDB) to achieve their dreams, but I'd also be happy if Luiz, Ramires, Oscar and Willian won. I picked Belgium because it would be nice to have a new name on the trophy. However, I'm not sure if taking a "band" with them will help.

I honestly reckon it has everything to do with the botched penalty...

To me, wanting Belgium to do well is partly about wanting Hazard, Courteois and Lukaku (and, in a way, KDB) to achieve their dreams, but I'd also be happy if Luiz, Ramires, Oscar and Willian won. I picked Belgium because it would be nice to have a new name on the trophy. However, I'm not sure if taking a "band" with them will help.

When England inevitably get knocked out I will be supporting Brazil and Belgium. Would be a pretty special experience for Luiz, Willian, Oscar and Ramires to win at home. Winning the Confed last year looked special in itself.