• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Wayne Rooney has told team-mates he will be joining Chelsea [ESPN FC]

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/wayne-rooney-has-told-team-mates-he-will-be-joining-chelsea-espn-fc/#

and http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1518412/wayne-rooney-confident-move-chelsea?cc=5739

To me it looks like a done deal, but the clubs have agreed to wait until after Aug 26th when we meet at OT in the Prem.

Actually I suspect it was nearly done last season - which is why we only got around to replacing Drogba with a temp stand-in in January.

Given that background it would be safe to say that relations between Rooney and Rio must have been difficult over the past 12 months.

It also explains the low level of support he has had from the Man U PR team over the year.

Well like you, I'm really hoping to see Rooney in blue next season, but having clicked on these links I have to say there's not a lot there that could be described as concrete. Am just hoping this guy (Jolly) is well informed and that the story is correct.

hanuma   

Wayne Rooney has told team-mates he will be joining Chelsea [ESPN FC]

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/wayne-rooney-has-told-team-mates-he-will-be-joining-chelsea-espn-fc/#

and http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1518412/wayne-rooney-confident-move-chelsea?cc=5739

To me it looks like a done deal, but the clubs have agreed to wait until after Aug 26th when we meet at OT in the Prem.

Actually I suspect it was nearly done last season - which is why we only got around to replacing Drogba with a temp stand-in in January.

Given that background it would be safe to say that relations between Rooney and Rio must have been difficult over the past 12 months.

It also explains the low level of support he has had from the Man U PR team over the year.

The public pressure on Utd not selling him to Chelsea is enormous, I mean this depends on Rooney being adamant that no other club is for him and that he wants to work for Chelsea because at some point you have to imagine any of Real Madrid or Monaco offer a bit more in the knowledge that Utd would accept it gladly over Chelsea's offer.

Holymoly   

To be honest if Rooney doesn't end up signing we've still got a good enough creative midfield to make up for the lack of a decent striker. The problem we do have however, which was displayed against Madrid and Roma, is the lack of a decent holding midfield option to allow those creative midfielders licence to roam forward. Our problem this season against the top teams won't be scoring goals, it will be keeping them out at the other end.

I can see Frank having more game time than we would otherwise expect this season purely because the other options don't seem to work at all. Essien/Mikel? Slow and pedestrian. Mikel/Ramirez? Utter disaster waiting to happen. Maybe a Lampard van Ginkel pivot is the way forward with Essien, Mikel and Ramirez being slotted in situationally as required.

Obviously the preferred option was to go out and buy a proper, experienced holding midfielder and have the others play around him but that doesn't look like happening this summer. Hopefully Jose can sort out the defense before we hit OT and then get Wayne to sign up. We can always hope.

Arkie   

David Moyes says Rooney might not be fit to play vs Swansea ( funny cuz he is fit enough to play vs Scotland), so whatever is happening over there, its still far from being sorted.

Khobar   
David Moyes says Rooney might not be fit to play vs Swansea ( funny cuz he is fit enough to play vs Scotland), so whatever is happening over there, its still far from being sorted.

In fairness, he could be mentally unfit to play for Man Utd. Also, not match fit - Scotland is a glorified friendly. He would also not be match fit for us. IF he signed for us, it would suit Utd to keep him away from any intensive fitness regime and certainly away from any tactical discussions.

After Moyes' comments, I think we've heard the last about the Rooney situation now.

Not for sale.

Slightly less optimistic than I was...but getting Rooney is still possible. Rule nothing out.

Man u would be mental to sell us Rooney. Would love to see him here but dont see it happening at all.

What happened??