• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sarin   

Pastore and Hazard swap would be one of the worst transfers in recent history.

It is not even remotely likely.

Pastore doesn't even fit the style of a Jose player at all.

If PSG sell this year, I could see us going for Cavani but that is it.

There will be a lot of french entitlement stories because of the PSG punishment, to do with transfers in and out, because people are interested in the story and clicks are cash.

I think its safe to say you can ignore 95% of it.

Edited by Sarin

There will be a lot of french entitlement stories because of the PSG punishment, to do with transfers in and out, because people are interested in the story and clicks are cash.

I think its safe to say you can ignore 95% of it.

Yup, always the case with all the rumors. Not to mention, the French media have bent and twisted a lot of interviews, especially the ones by Hazard of late.

I'd take Lavezzi for his deadballs and delivery, but not his overall workrate or productivity.

The big thing with Hazard for me is if he wants to go to PSG. If he wants to go and play in a tinpot league where he'll be challenged once every six months, then Jose should probably have been much harsher when criticising him.

I don't think Hazard does want that. He wants to be the best. And if he wants that, he needs to start tearing the Premier League up, not bullying a load of chumps in a league he won as a kid.

Hazard is going nowhere. He is a world class talent. It would take a bid of about £60-70 million cash up front to even get us to consider it. He has three years on his contract too, and I'm certain we'll be offering him a new one soon.

Mata going was understandable. Hazard going would be suicidal.

Mata going was understandable. Hazard going would be suicidal.

The Mata transfer is the easy reference point for journalists and writers, but to tie this into my above post about the futility of Hazard moving to a giant in a weak league he has already won (at a small club no less) ... Where did Mata go?

He stayed in the Premier League, because he knows it is where you need to be to challenge yourself. Why on Earth would Hazard go somewhere that was less difficult?

He wouldn't.

I have often thought Hazard would stay until he's about 28 and then go to Madrid. By then he'll probably have won it all here, be at his peak and worth about £100 million. Madrid will court him like they do all players, and he'll come out and say he wants to leave.

We'll sell him, and use the money to buy the next up and coming young star, in the same way we bought Hazard, and improve the squad.

I still suspect that will happen. Hazard won't finish his career here IMO. But he'll be here for another 5 years probably.

I think the Luiz deal is a good one. 25 million pounds for a 3rd, possibly 4th choice centreback/3rd choice, played out of position midfielder is great.

He's been a solid player for us and a great character off and on the pitch but he's surplus to requirements right now, the money can and should be used to bring in better players

Pastore has had so many issues with Blanc and not being able to get into the team, missed training at PSG multiple times as well. Jose would put his foot through his backside lol, Pastore wouldn't last.

Not to mention he hasn't been in form for close to 2 or more years now