• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Hazard wont be here beyond next season,he wont sign an extension with JM in charge.Play for a manager demanding defence first or enjoy your football somewhere else.

I don't think anyone could have imagined that post 2, 4, 6 or 8 months ago.

Not many could have dreamed it up even now.

haifarul   

Firstly he is not English ,a RM from what I heard.Secondly he can earn more at other top clubs,now with FFP we can't be paying the really top wages.Thirdly he doesnt seem to be the type to enjoy covering the LB.And I would have told you this last August.We are a step to bigger clubs,eg RM or BM alà Robben.

How often did Luiz contribute to our side in an attacking sense from midfield this season? For every hollywood ball or kamikazi run through midfield he makes, he'll misplace another 4 passes and/or will foul a player in the process

Whoscored had him as one of our worse passers in our team and only slightly above the average for the entire league. Oh, and I know someone is going to say something about statistics not telling the whole story but you can't tell me that you've seen a Chelsea game this season where Luiz hasn't made some cringe-worthy decision and attempts with his aggressive passing.

Call it very ambitious or whatever, he has good ideas and can spot a run, no would in their right mind would doubt that, but his execution in most cases - is terrible for a midfielder( I know he's a defender but lets call him a midfielder in this case as he is playing there right now) at a club of our size. If it wasn't for Ramires and Luiz' own lack of game time, I'd have no doubt he would of been the whipping boy for this season.

GURJ SS   

Hazard wont be here beyond next season,he wont sign an extension with JM in charge.Play for a manager demanding defence first or enjoy your football somewhere else.

I don't think he would leave due to being asked to do a certain role, because he enjoys coming in off the wing. The role requires defensive duties also, and some managers ask more then others. There is no guarantee that if he left his manager would not get sacked and the next manager asked the same as JM. He would in that case swap more clubs then Anelka.

I do however think that some of his attacking talent will get wasted if he isn't given more freedom to express himself. Not all his talent, but I would say 10-15%. I am very fond of the 4:3:3; because it allows players like Hazard to really go at teams and not worry about losing the ball or having to sprint back 50 yards when having just ran up the field 50 yards. I am not saying he wouldn't need to defend, but he would not need to defend as much and the other teams would be more worried about committing full backs forward, which means less pressure on the defence.

Holymoly   

For all the talk of new signings, what about all the players out on loan? Unless we field a B team if the FA decide to go that route they're all a bit superfluous. If we use them as makeweights in a deal to coax a major signing we still need to free up squad spots. I'd hate to think we've bought all those players to be used primarilly as sacrificial bait.

Well that's a shame because he'll have to deal with it for at least 3 more seasons as per his contract stipulations

You seem quite knowledgeable on the subject, care to share any other transfer musings or behind the scenes information you can gather from lalaland?

Jay Seal   

Firstly he is not English ,a RM from what I heard.Secondly he can earn more at other top clubs,now with FFP we can't be paying the really top wages.Thirdly he doesnt seem to be the type to enjoy covering the LB.And I would have told you this last August.We are a step to bigger clubs,eg RM or BM alà Robben.

Of course, the list goes on and on. Robben, ..., ....

Fill the blanks for me, mate.

For all the talk of new signings, what about all the players out on loan? Unless we field a B team if the FA decide to go that route they're all a bit superfluous. If we use them as makeweights in a deal to coax a major signing we still need to free up squad spots. I'd hate to think we've bought all those players to be used primarilly as sacrificial bait.

I imagine all 3 of Moses, Marin, and Romeu will be sold.

It'll be interesting to see what happens of Piazon, Atsu, Traore, and Thorgan. I reckon at least 1 of those 4 will be in the senior squad next season, with the rest loaned out again.

Also interesting to see what happens with Chalobah and Ake, both aren't far away from being squad members now.

Sarin   

The Hazard stuff is purely out of context and because after beating Liverpool, the media were looking for a reason to point to Jose and scream "HE IS DOING IT WRONG"

What better way than to say he was forcing Chelseas best player out with Jose's terrible playing style that Hazard hated.

That is all.

They took a quote by Hazard saying that Chelsea arn't built to play attacking football at the moment, we play the counter attack.

And turned it into him wanting out.

They took Jose admitting Hazard didn't track back to stop a goal with his comment "he is not ready to give himself for the team yet" into him wanting Hazard out.

People who think he is going, are just buying into it.

Yeah because all our players leave to go to RM or Bayern. What's that? Two in the last 100 years? And one of those was just being sent off for an easy retirement.