• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

The Hazard stuff is purely out of context and because after beating Liverpool, the media were looking for a reason to point to Jose and scream "HE IS DOING IT WRONG"

What better way than to say he was forcing Chelseas best player out with Jose's terrible playing style that Hazard hated.

That is all.

They took a quote by Hazard saying that Chelsea arn't built to play attacking football at the moment, we play the counter attack.

And turned it into him wanting out.

They took Jose admitting Hazard didn't track back to stop a goal with his comment "he is not ready to give himself for the team yet" into him wanting Hazard out.

People who think he is going, are just buying into it.

Yep.

Apart from Robben, via RM and Pizzaro, via Werder Bremen, I can't think of any other of our players that have ended up at Bayern? There must be one that went there directly? One?

Our loanees give us a big pool of talent to fill up the "back-up" roles in the squad. Some of them aren't and never will be Chelsea material, but will fetch decent money in sales.

The ones we COULD use:
Goal: Courtois
Defense: Zouma, Omeruo, Chalobah, Bertrand, van Aanholt
Midfield: Romeu, Piazon, Marin, Moses, Atsu, Thorgan Hazard, McEachran
Forwards: Lukaku, (possibly Bamford)

That is a wealth of players who are there, or thereabouts (and at Arsenal, would make up most of the first team). Lots of minor or younger loanees not even on that list.

For me, there should be ONE addition from the transfer market: A proven, experienced striker at a good age. Diego Costa, Lukaku and Bamford would be a massive upgrade on our current trio.
(If we can add Luke Shaw for Ashley Cole, I'd agree with that, too.)
The rest should be sorted out by adding our own returning loanees.

As for the midfield discussion, I think we're looking at a decent sprectrum. Mikel, Matic, Lampard, van Ginkel, Ramires and David Luiz should be able to handle any job put before them. Add Chalobah to the squad for depth and we're golden.

More players have joined *us* from Bayern and Real than gone the other way, frankly...

In from Bayern: Claudio Pizarro, Michael Ballack, Erland Johnsen

Out to Bayern: none

In from Real Madrid: Claude Makelele, Geremi

Out to Real Madrid: Arjen Robben, Ricardo Carvalho

cam4blue   

Wasn't Hazard's "criticism" of the way we play that we play like Real Madrid?

Why would he want to leave a club because they play like Real Madrid to go to Real Madrid?

He won't be leaving any time soon, certainly not this close season. IMO he will be leaving though, and it will be to one of the big two in Spain. But that is a few years down the line.

This for me will be a very interesting summer as I think next season we may see us switch back to 4-3-3 (as for me 4-2-3-1 has too many limitations against smaller teams) and I think the club will continue to balance the books. Consequently I see something like the following happening:

GK - I think Coutois will be back next season, as harsh as it may be on Cech I think it has to be done. As a consequence, I think Cech will either become a cup keeper for a season or he'll be sold. If he is sold I would expect a decent fee. As for the other keepers I expect Hilarious to officially retire and Schwarzer to get an additional year.

FB's - I expect to see Bertrand to be sold (I reckon we'll get around £5-7m for him) and I expect to see Cole get one more season. I then see someone like Fillip to coming in as I think the club may agree with the consensus that Shaw is overpriced.

CB - I don't see much changing here. I reckon JT will get another year and I think Luiz will stay unless we get a bid of £30m+. If he does go then I expect a bid for Verane (not sure about the spelling) and if that is not successful then I could see Kalas being promoted and Zouma coming back.

DM/CM I think this position will be interesting, as I reckon, for better it worse, that Mikel will go considering how he has been used this year. For me that means we need another one, if Martinez is free then I think we need to push for him as him and Matic in the middle would immense. Other than that I would like to see a push made for Videl/Modric/Kroos who I would like to come in to give us something a little different. As for the other midfielders I expect Frank to get another contract and become a decent rotation option, Ramires I could see leaving if a good bid (which would mean one of Kroos/Modric/Videl would be vital) comes in, while I expect to see MVG to go out on loan. If all if this does happen then I expect one of Romeu or Nate to come back and fill a squad position. Although, due to our need for an English talent I wouldn't rule out a bid for Barkley.

AM - Again I don't see much happening here, I think if all goes well we will see T.Hazard come back and keep it as it is. However, if something crazy happens like Hazard is sold then we will require another top top AM.

CF - This is the area that I believe will see the most change. I fully expect to see all three if the current strikers to leave (although if I had a say then I wouldn't mind Eto'o staying as a 3rd option). I then see Costa coming in, Lukaku coming back and then an additional striker. If PSG do have to trim there squad then I wouldnt be surprised to see someone like Lavezzi coming in as he is flexible enough to cover both a CF position and an AM position.

Edited by sebcfc

This for me will be a very interesting summer as I think next season we may see us switch back to 4-3-3 (as for me 4-2-3-1 has too many limitations against smaller teams) and I think the club will continue to balance the books. Consequently I see something like the following happening:

GK - I think Coutois will be back next season, as harsh as it may be on Cech I think it has to be done. As a consequence, I think Cech will either become a cup keeper for a season or he'll be sold. If he is sold I would expect a decent fee. As for the other keepers I expect Hilarious to officially retire and Schwarzer to get an additional year.

FB's - I expect to see Bertrand to be sold (I reckon we'll get around £5-7m for him) and I expect to see Cole get one more season. I then see someone like Fillip to coming in as I think the club may agree with the consensus that Shaw is overpriced.

[...]

GK: I expect Courtois to remain at Atletico for another season. They're on the verge of winning the league and could conceivably win the CL final. At the moment, Chelsea are the inferior team. Atletico will want to do anything to keep their current crop together. So if Diego Costa has a buy-out (meaning, they couldn't stop a transfer anyway), I could imagine them making a deal with Chelsea, so that they keep Courtois, while we get a few bucks off Costa.

But that would be good anyway, Cech is still amazingly good and Courtois isn't going to become worse for another season in Spain.

FB, CB, AM, CF: Agreed.

DM/CM: Can't see us spending big there, to be honest. Any changes would most likely be due to our players leaving. The only player I'd go absolutely nuts for, is Arturo Vidal. But while he'd be AMAZING and would make Chelsea instant favorites for anything, he'd also cost insane amounts of money.

Any other player isn't going to add that much more to the squad, so investments are futile.

Edited by Chelsea'Til_IDie

haifarul   

Well that's a shame because he'll have to deal with it for at least 3 more seasons as per his contract stipulations

You seem quite knowledgeable on the subject, care to share any other transfer musings or behind the scenes information you can gather from lalaland?

Do you really think we will allow him to run his contract out in 3 years?Then maybe you live in gagaland my amigo.If he doesnt renew it with 2 years to go then he will be sold.We certainly cannot afford for him to enter the last year of contract .So if he doesnt sign a new one with 24/18 months to go he will be sold.It is just a theory thats all,but if you think he bleeds Chelsea like others ,well I dont think so.

jones   

GK: Cech, Courtois, Schwarzer

RB: Azpilicueta, Ivanovic

CD: Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Omeruo/Kalas (-young backup, I know but we have Ivanovic+Luiz as options in terms of injury crisis)

LB: Cole, van Aanholt

Pivot: Matic, Luiz, Barkley, Lampard + youth 5th choice (Ake/Baker/Loftus-Cheek/Swift)

AM: Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Salah + youth 6th choice (Atsu/Traore/Thorgan)

ST: Costa, Lukaku, Bamford

Goalkeepers: without doubt the best keepers in the world

Defence: Keeping the stability from this year, adding with youth to shape for the future. PVA as attacking option against lesser sides

Pivot: Power! Passing! Determination! And a great mix between experience and fresh blood. Many don't rate Luiz, but I believe he is a star in the making in CM. He needs some stability, and despite what people think JM seems to rate him in midfield.

AM: Will be even better next year. The most inexperienced part of the squad, but with skill to make up for it for most parts of the season.

ST: More power! Lukaku needs to be happy playing second-fiddle until he proves himseld in Chelsea colours. Perhaps the safest option for Bamford is to continue his development with more game time involved, he proved that he could take the step from CH to L1 in a heart beat. Give him the chance, we have played with Nando for 3,5 years!