• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

The problem for those who think Hazard is going to leave is that he isn't. He has said he loves playing for us, and there've been stories of us negotiating a new deal with him. They will do it within the next 12 months, because he won't be allowed to go within 2 years of the end of his contract, and he won't want to stay on his current wages if Chelsea are offering more.

He's staying for at least 5 more years, then we'll get about £70-90 million for him. End of discussion for me.

GURJ SS   

My choice for next season is:

Cortious, Cech, Shawarzer;

Terry, Kalas;

Cahill, Zouma;

Ivanovic, Omeruo;

Azpilicueta, Cole;

Matic, Mikel;

Oscar, MVG, Lampard;

Willian, Ramires;

Hazard, Shurrle;

Reus, Salah;

Costa, Lukaku, Bamford/Torres;

Squad of 25.

life   

GK: Cech, Courtois, Schwarzer

RB: Azpilicueta, Ivanovic

CD: Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Omeruo/Kalas (-young backup, I know but we have Ivanovic+Luiz as options in terms of injury crisis)

LB: Cole, van Aanholt

Pivot: Matic, Luiz, Barkley, Lampard + youth 5th choice (Ake/Baker/Loftus-Cheek/Swift)

AM: Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Salah + youth 6th choice (Atsu/Traore/Thorgan)

ST: Costa, Lukaku, Bamford

Goalkeepers: without doubt the best keepers in the world

Defence: Keeping the stability from this year, adding with youth to shape for the future. PVA as attacking option against lesser sides

Pivot: Power! Passing! Determination! And a great mix between experience and fresh blood. Many don't rate Luiz, but I believe he is a star in the making in CM. He needs some stability, and despite what people think JM seems to rate him in midfield.

AM: Will be even better next year. The most inexperienced part of the squad, but with skill to make up for it for most parts of the season.

ST: More power! Lukaku needs to be happy playing second-fiddle until he proves himseld in Chelsea colours. Perhaps the safest option for Bamford is to continue his development with more game time involved, he proved that he could take the step from CH to L1 in a heart beat. Give him the chance, we have played with Nando for 3,5 years!

barkley at pivot? hmmm...I dunno, I feel that'll be like reus, hazard or mata at the pivot. And it also requires defensive duties he is not used to, barkley can play everywhere at the front 4, but that position? I personally wouldn't say so.

+ is that position still called a pivot? especially when 2 players occupy it? or do we use plurals now?

My choice for next season is:

Cortious, Cech, Shawarzer;

Terry, Kalas;

Cahill, Zouma;

Ivanovic, Omeruo;

Azpilicueta, Cole;

Matic, Mikel;

Oscar, MVG, Lampard;

Willian, Ramires;

Hazard, Shurrle;

Reus, Salah;

Costa, Lukaku, Bamford/Torres;

Squad of 25.

I assume you want us to revert back to 4-3-3?

not having a go at you, I dont get it when people come here calling for a 4-3-3 formation. especially when we technically use it.. Thats just how versatile the 4231 is. and is why pretty much every team in the CL uses it.

What you want to say is that you want us playing more expansive football, Not 4-3-3. We expand when we attack, it just so happens that we are wiser and know how to control a game without having possession and we don't believe in having possession for the sake of it. The 4-3-3 or christmas tree formation we used to play, we applied more expansive football, nothing to do with the formation, so a change of it will make no sense because our pattern of play will still be the same, we still wont keep possession for the sake of it, we wont play the overly expansive type of football we used to play and our tactics will still be the same so no point.

Look at the avb era, it was overly expansive and we used the same 4231, and that was a complete mess.

we will go back to the style of football we played at the beginning of the season before jose made things a bit more defensive around dec/jan so that we stay with the mix, the goals werent coming so it was the best thing to do, when the strikers do come, we will get the balance right, /we will be more expansive ( like at the beginning of the season period) but not too much I think .

cam4blue   

not having a go at you, I dont get it when people come here calling for a 4-3-3 formation

I'm more baffled at people thinking that the solution to our problem (failing to break down stubborn teams who defend deep) will be solved by taking out an offensive player and replacing them with a player whose sole job is to sit in front of the CBs.

life   

I'm more baffled at people thinking that the solution to our problem (failing to break down stubborn teams who defend deep) will be solved by taking out an offensive player and replacing them with a player whose sole job is to sit in front of the CBs.

same here

GURJ SS   

not having a go at you, I dont get it when people come here calling for a 4-3-3 formation. especially when we technically use it.. Thats just how versatile the 4231 is. and is why pretty much every team in the CL uses it.

What you want to say is that you want us playing more expansive football, Not 4-3-3. We expand when we attack, it just so happens that we are wiser and know how to control a game without having possession and we don't believe in having possession for the sake of it. The 4-3-3 or christmas tree formation we used to play, we applied more expansive football, nothing to do with the formation, so a change of it will make no sense because our pattern of play will still be the same, we still wont keep possession for the sake of it, we wont play the overly expansive type of football we used to play and our tactics will still be the same so no point.

Look at the avb era, it was overly expansive and we used the same 4231, and that was a complete mess.

we will go back to the style of football we played at the beginning of the season before jose made things a bit more defensive around dec/jan so that we stay with the mix, the goals werent coming so it was the best thing to do, when the strikers do come, we will get the balance right, /we will be more expansive ( like at the beginning of the season period) but not too much I think .

433 allows you to use the midfielders to cover the fullbacks. 4231 is basically 4411, it means your wingers have to cover the full backs at all times.

We don't switch out of 2 holding players because we look square when switching the ball from left to right. When you use one player to do that you can have the 2 central mids with 1 making runs in an around the striker, and the other finding gaps in between the lines to receive the in. With 4231 it is far too flat and easily pushed back into your own half.

GURJ SS   

Is Matic, Ramires & Oscar more attacking then Mikel, Oscar & Willian?

In my opinion we can easily play Oscar and Willian in front of Mikel, because he is so good at covering defensively. Matic is a good player no doubt, but he is not as good as Mikel at defending so would need a more defense minded player to be with him. Mikel is able to cover for more attacking players.

Zidane once said that players like himself were only so good going forward because they had Makelele behind them. Mikel is not Makelele class yet, but he isn't far off either.

I would take 2 75% attacking players to play with 1 100% defence minded player then 2 50% players to play with 1 75% attacking player.

Edited by GURJ SS

life   

433 allows you to use the midfielders to cover the fullbacks. 4231 is basically 4411, it means your wingers have to cover the full backs at all times.

We don't switch out of 2 holding players because we look square when switching the ball from left to right. When you use one player to do that you can have the 2 central mids with 1 making runs in an around the striker, and the other finding gaps in between the lines to receive the in. With 4231 it is far too flat and easily pushed back into your own half.

Lol

But you're missing the point, its not the formation its the tactic, CM's can easily cover fullbacks in a 4231 but they don't always, because that is Jose's 'tactic' like I said. And Jose is the wiser one because it doesn't leave the centre open to attack. That's why he tells the wingers to do their defesive duty so that all gaps are closed and why we have probably the best defence stats in the world, even if it was a 433 the same wouldve tactics would be used, even 4-4-2, its not the formation, its the tactic.

The next thing also is that, you're now talking about pattern of play that jose has designed, one player does set the tempo, and that's matic, and the extra midfielder who runs in and around that striker is oscar, with another midfielder opposite matic doing his job, its the same thing Changing the formation will do nothing, what you want is expansive bayern type football, that's not us, and under jose will never be us, imo its not the style of play that gives us the edge. We don't get pushed into our own half, we have chosen to go back ourselves because we know how to control the game that way, we choose where we want the opponent to play the ball, press and takeover, when we get possession we make use of it. Depends what team we face really. Sometimes we press high, sometimes we don't, and that's what I love about jose, he's an adapter, he adapts to the situation, where as pep, wenger, carlo etc, tend to do the same thing all day. Its the tactic and what the manager chooses to do, not the formation, replacing an am with another CM will not give us more attacking play. You want border line overly expansive bayern type football which is not our thing. Formation does play part don't get me wrong, but the job you give the players and the type of players you field plays a much greater role than the formation of a team. And its wildly known the 4231 is superior to the rest, many benefits, more triangles, midfield flexibilty and allows you to change a side without many tactical changes.