• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Holymoly   

According to this website, our loanees have a market value in excess of 150m Euros. And all figures could potentially rise (and probably will).

You can slap on whatever price tag you like but when was the last long term loanee of ours that we sold for dosh?

Think about it. If you have a player loaned out to Div 2 you're not going to sell him to anyone for millions just because his wages are paid for by Chelsea FC. Quite the opposite, his wages are probably so hugely inflated above the level he is playing at you would have trouble getting rid of him on a free.

Hearing strong rumours Drogba has been offered a three year contract by Chelsea - 1 as player/coach, the other 2 years as a coach, working with Jose.

Might be a useful third choice striker next season. I suspect Lamps new deal would be player coach too, much like Giggs at United.

In today's Standard linked with Manzukic or Lavezzi, as two options for our 'other' striker purchase, with and Lukaku being swapped for Barkley.

Link: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/romelu-lukaku-in-limbo-as-chelsea-look-to-lavezzi-and-mandzukic-with-32m-costa-deal-near-completion-9336815.html

Edited by James Prescott

paulw66   

Hearing strong rumours Drogba has been offered a three year contract by Chelsea - 1 as player/coach, the other 2 years as a coach, working with Jose.

Might be a useful third choice striker next season. I suspect Lamps new deal would be player coach too, much like Giggs at United.

In today's Standard linked with Manzukic or Lavezzi, as two options for our 'other' striker purchase, with and Lukaku being swapped for Barkley.

Link: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/romelu-lukaku-in-limbo-as-chelsea-look-to-lavezzi-and-mandzukic-with-32m-costa-deal-near-completion-9336815.html

In what way is Lukaku in limbo? The season hasnt even finished yet.

paulw66   

Lukaku doesn't know where he will be playing next season. That's probably what they mean.

That is hardly "news" then, is it?

I might write tomorrow's Evening Standard headline, "We don't know Saturday's lottery numbers".

That is hardly "news" then, is it?

I might write tomorrow's Evening Standard headline, "We don't know Saturday's lottery numbers".

Plenty here think they do :)

Edited by Droy was my hero

Would rather go for either Contratro or Marcelo. Better players, more experience, and would still give us 5 years of service. They are also extremely versatile in both defence and attack, especially Contratro.

I would definately go for Coentrao. Not sure its as simple as just getting him cheap though as Real invested heavily in him and he has recently got back into favour. Moreno on the other hand is at Sevilla who clearly do not have the financial power of Real. If Coentrao or Marcelo were available for anything under £15 mill I would be very interested but not sure this is the case. What is beyond doubt is that £15million for 25 year old, ready to play Coentrao is a far better deal than £20-£30mill for Shaw. Let United or City overpay, he is a talented player but not worth the financial risk.

Inter wants to sign Torres before WC. Loan with option to buy at €10-12M. With one condition, Chelsea will pay half of €7M salary (Cadena Ser)

Just speculating but I feel that Jose may be in need of a permanant assistant manager. At times this year he has seemed down and perhaps in need of a figure to help out. May be harsh on Steve Holland and I obviously don't know that much about the job he is doing but a figure with huge authority such as Drogba may just be what he needs to provide a link between him and the players. He obviously had Karanka at Madrid who was highly rated enough to get the Borough job, Clarkey here who I do not need to praise and also Giuseppe Baresi at Inter who is a legend at the club. Going alone may just be one factor that has placed some additional strain on our season. I also remember mid-season rumours of Zanetti coming here as assistant which he denied stating he was going to stay at Inter. Interestingly he just retired the other day.

I doubt it will be Drogba. He is too much his own man for Jose's assistant. I suspect JM would want someone quiet and loyal