• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I just saw that B teams are looking to be set up for clubs.

I think it is a fantastic idea.

A squad of under 21's playing the same style as our first team in the same country's playing style. It would benefit us hugely, and also give us a chance to keep Chelsea players all together and being able to link up with the rest of the team on the pitch almost instantly.

That is perhaps a potential benefit but there is a whole list of negatives. The idea is terrible and will not happen. The Championship is one of the most watched leagues in the world and the football league is extremely popular in comparison to other countries.The idea totally disrespects the FL, non-league and all the clubs with years of history that are in it. This idea could potentially destroy one of the things that makes football in this country so special. Imagine if you had supported a conference side your entire life and then suddenly the FA decided to put an extra division between you and League Two. The plan is essentially to put another step on the pyramid between Non-league and the Prem. It was not long ago that Swansea and Fulham were in the fourth tier and who is to say they would have ever made it to the Prem if the system had have been how it is being proposed. The B teams will barely get reserve team attendances as they will clash with senior games. It would kill the lower leagues.

Ham   

quote name="Droy was my hero" post="1311462" timestamp="1399562954"]

Plenty here think they do :)

1 - 2 - 7 - 27 - 30 - 48.

Edit: Oh you mean NEXT saturday's............?

GURJ SS   

Looking at it from our point of view, a B team is a good thing. I know that it would make it difficult for the lower league teams but it would give the bigger teams a better footing in terms of quality coming through the ranks. It would benefit talent and give them the same chance as foreign talent.

Scooba   

It would give them the same chance as foreign talent.

How?

Sarin   

RE: alleged Everton transfer links.

No new contract for Lukaku. Not even a rumour mill peep. Speaks volumes for a man with only two years left, imo.

John Stones is yet another CB. How many young CBs do we need? Surely nonsense.

According to Liverpool fans we will need another 7 or so CB's next year.

So we can play our 10 - 0 - 1 formation.

GURJ SS   

How?

Real and Barca breed homegrown talent through their B teams. It does work better then loaning them to clubs who just want to get some use out of them. If we had a B team it would have Chelsea people in charge of developing Chelsea talent, and not some people who just want to fill a gap in their squad. Edited by GURJ SS

GURJ SS   

According to Liverpool fans we will need another 7 or so CB's next year.

So we can play our 10 - 0 - 1 formation.

They want us to buy 7 so we can lend them some for when they play Palace next time.

Looking at it from our point of view, a B team is a good thing. I know that it would make it difficult for the lower league teams but it would give the bigger teams a better footing in terms of quality coming through the ranks. It would benefit talent and give them the same chance as foreign talent.

Personally I would prefer it if we were twinned with another local team (maybe even two local teams of varying stature), as this would provide a lasting impact on the area and it would give both sets of supporters a second team to follow, along with investment in infrastructure into established teams and a breeding ground for players and managers alike. Teams such as Brentford, AFC Wimbledon and Sutton would be candidates to be linked with Chelsea. Edited by nutmegsw6

Stim   

Real and Barca breed homegrown talent through their B teams. It does work better then loaning them to clubs who just want to get some use out of them. If we had a B team it would have Chelsea people in charge of developing Chelsea talent, and not some people who just want to fill a gap in their squad.

I'm too lazy to do the research but I wonder how many players went from Barca B to Barca A compared to players going straight into the Barca A setup.

I'm too lazy to do the research but I wonder how many players went from Barca B to Barca A compared to players going straight into the Barca A setup.

Do it then. It doesn't take much time if you just check the current squad. I think the statistic supports GURJ SS's opinion.