• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Scooba   

Sorry you feel that way. I am just replying to someone who said he would leave. That's allowed surely.

I'm not having a go it's just merely an observation. I think it makes for a more interesting forum if there are lots of different points of view being posted, rather than something being repeated over and again.

Not to get too deep into the Loanee debate or anything.

But from what I have seen from Piazon this season is a very composed quality player, who is able to find space and make a goal happen for himself, not only that but his final ball is excellent too.

I have not seen loads of him, but enough to see that he is a talent that the club would be folly to ignore.

I may be wrong but I believe he hasn't scored since Christmas and has actually been benched for at least a month. Atsu is the one who has really impressed and recently won their player of the year award.

^ Lets not do that discussion again.

Jimmy is back and that in itself is worth celebrating, We may not always have seen eye to eye but you cannot fault his passion and love for the club. These days us fans need to stick together.

Edit: not sure what happened there. Thought James post was just above my reply...

Edited by Sleeping Dave

On players - I still think players are a part of the production process of the football team, they are not works of art.

Their may contribute well or badly, but if picked they perform a role. If not in the squad their playing contribution is zero.

Aesthetically Piazon may be worth more than SWP. But for the production foreman (manager) he aint worth a cent.

If you follow a production accounting approach to football, you have to divide the value added to the club by the cost to get any proper concept of "expensive or cheap".

The only way to get your way of thinking into any accounting system is to give negative production values to player you don't like. I'm not having that - if a manager picks a player he adds value - full stop.

I certainly do not intend to come across as disrespectful and I mean this not as an insult. But sometimes I think you are too intelligent for your own good.

You find patterns (in a logical manner) where sometimes the pattern does not need to be found in the first place.

I respect your personality. But there doesn't need to be a beautiful explanation to everything.

^ Lets not do that discussion again.

Jimmy is back and that in itself is worth celebrating, We may not always have seen eye to eye but you cannot fault his passion and love for the club. These days us fans need to stick together.

Edit: not sure what happened there. Thought James post was just above my reply...

Thanks. I've been a fan of this club for 31 years. Love this club.

I think we agree on a lot more nowadays anyway. It was the Rafa/RDM stuff we disagreed on, but we both agree on Jose and on the desire/need to build long term, and that the current long-term strategy of the club is the best one.

I'm not into this 'cult of Jose' thing, but the fact is he's the best manager in the world, on pure statistics & ability, and he's perfect for our club. I'm just so shocked there are people who don't want him here.

I can't say I will be here as much after the summer window. I need to be here less, maybe just popping in occasionally. Anything else is too stressful, and with so much going on in my personal life, just not really possible.

Edited by James Prescott

GURJ SS   

I may be wrong but I believe he hasn't scored since Christmas and has actually been benched for at least a month. Atsu is the one who has really impressed and recently won their player of the year award.

The question is why? Overnight things changed, maybe we should have pulled him out.

The question is why? Overnight things changed, maybe we should have pulled him out.

I've watched Arnhem a number times this season and, had the season ended at Christmas, Piazon would, wrongly in my opinion, have won Vitesse's player of the year.

The force was with Lucas through the first half of 2013/2014 so the goals, assists and accolades flowed. Players have these moments from time-to-time but, even during this purple patch, Atsu always looked the more likely prospect to me. His touch, surety of possession, speed of thought, acceleration and passing always looked just that half a beat sharper. Half a beat which seemed to me to suggest that, of the two, Christian is the better player.

This isn't hindsight talking, I posted this point of view several times over the course of the season, including before Christmas.

Edited by Bridgejunky

You find patterns (in a logical manner) where sometimes the pattern does not need to be found in the first place.

Perhaps - and perhaps I'm making here basic points that are really important. But it looks a bit odd because I was forming the points as I wrote them.

I'll be coming back to them a lot in the future I expect, but in plainer language.

jones   

But surely his massive drop in form has to be explained by other things than his purple patch just ending, right? Anyone knows anything?

Ham   

I've watched Arnhem a number times this season and, had the season ended at Christmas, Piazon would, wrongly in my opinion, have won Vitesse's player of the year.

The force was with Lucas through the first half of 2013/2014 so the goals, assists and accolades flowed. Players have these moments from time-to-time but, even during this purple patch, Atsu always looked the more likely prospect to me. His touch, surety of possession, speed of thought, acceleration and passing always looked just that half a beat sharper. Half a beat which seemed to me to suggest that, of the two, Christian is the better player.

This isn't hindsight talking, I posted this point of view several times over the course of the season, including before Christmas.

Out of interest, where did you manage to see their games as I was hoping to catch a few myself this season?