• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Oh man, I want him here because he supports us and is from South-West London.

Are you James Prescott in disguise? ;-)

In fact, read today Costa deal could be done before World Cup. That would be an excellent start.

I still can't get excited about Costa.

Also, Moreno for half the price is a much better deal.

Scoobs,

Have you seen much of this bloke? I can't bring myself to watch La Liga, think I watch more than enough football as it is, so all I've seen of him is youtube stuff. As usual, youtube concentrates on what he does in possession which is very impressive. What about the rest of his game however?

Edited by Bridgejunky

Yeah...me neither.

A trio of Costa, Lukaku and Dzeko would be pretty nice though (not that I think there's anything to Dzeko rumours really).

Scoobs,

Have you seen much of this bloke? I can't bring myself to watch La Liga, think I watch more than enough football as it is, so all I've seen of him is youtube stuff. As usual, youtube concentrates on what he does in possession which is very impressive. What about the rest of his game however?

I have watched him maybe twice and he looked a very good player. I believe he is going to make the World Cup squad and at 15mill is far better value than Shaw. The ceiling for the price I would pay for Shaw would be about £15mill. Let United take the huge risk.

The price will go higher as well as this I just the first bid. We would be stupid not to put in a cheeky bid to drive the price up. 30mill for a player that is barely an improvement short term is just plain stupid for us and United. I think they may have realised that like last summer, they are going to struggle to attract decent players. Easier to bid high for mid-table players than spend the summer chasing Fabregas and Kroos before getting rejected. This move may appease the fans but it will not improve their team.

Nor me... he's almost as nasty a piece of work as Suarez without his wider range of abilities. Put him in a Chelsea shirt and we'd be lucky to get half a season's worth of games due to suspensions.

Of all the strikers who may be available this summer, I'd rather have Benzema or Remy than Costa

Yeah...me neither.

A trio of Costa, Lukaku and Dzeko would be pretty nice though (not that I think there's anything to Dzeko rumours really).

At first glance me too. I was shocked though to see that he only has one year remaining on his contract. I doubt he will sign a new one as he is still bit-part and has let his contract run this far. 18-20mill may be good business all round.

Agreed. Beside him being a torrid human, I don't think he's going to be the world-beater for us that we think.

Think we need a striker that can score against minnow teams tbh, should be a huge target for the summer. Dzeko and Mandzukic come to mind.