• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Jay Seal   

It's this, amongst several other reasons, why I think we will get Barkley, and possibly even Stones eventually. We need to buy British. Cole is going already, and JT and Lamps won't be around too much longer.

I'm convinced Barkley will join us. Just a hunch, but think he will. Just what we need in so many ways.

Much like Luke Shaw.

We don't ever need to buy British but we would benefit from having more homegrown slots filled, British or otherwise. There are positives to the old 'English core' but like for like it's going to continue to be hard to justify the ridiculous premiums unless we actually train them up ourselves.

But we are a top club and want to win the league next year. So we need a beast of a striker like Suarez or Aguero.

It's easy to say that but players like that don't grow on trees. I'd be surprised if you could name one player of that ilk who is a realistic target.

For what it's worth I don't think we need a 30 goal a season man like a lot of people seem to suggest. Look at how close we have come this season, and if one of our strikers had offered anything at all we would be champions. If a new striker comes in and scores 15 goals in the league next season, given that we will probably strengthen in other areas and our young players will be another year older, I think that would be enough even though he'd be branded a failure by many. Plus if the striker can make enough of a nuisance of himself that opens up space for others - it's not just about the goals.

I'm not sure if Costa is the right man or not, but it's at the point now where we have to do something and there aren't a truck load of obvious options. He's coming off of a fantastic season, available at a reasonable price, and seems to have the characteristics of a player Jose would covet. Most wouldn't have realised Suarez was capable of this before he joined Liverpool otherwise chances are he wouldn't have ended up there, and Drogba probably surpassed most of our expectations. Who is to say Costa isn't going to be our "beast" if given the chance?

I reckon we could steal one of Madrids underused attacking talent. Either Isco or Di Maria

I have thought for a while Di Maria would be ideal for this team. Most comfortable on the right (Salah aside, I'd imagine all our other AM/winger options prefer to cut in from the left if given the choice), willing to put in a shift, and most importantly he's a top top player.

Unfortunately I don't see it happening though, and even if he did become available I'm sure he'd cost a pretty penny.

kratos   

Happy JT is secured for another year.

I would love a couple of English players to be bought but as we have seen many times they cost a fortune and are not always guaranteed to work. I hope we can bring a couple more into the squad from within and take it from there.

Come on. Even you must admit that you are not 100% correct in every little thing that you say.

He was unknown when he played for Guingamp, 25 years old. Are you going to argue on that, or are you going to try and twist everything again to maje it look like you were right?

You have a lot of opinions, which definitely enrichens the forum, but your constant refusal to listen to others' arguments and opinions, makes it .... less of an enrichment, to put it that way. That is my opinion at least. I know I am rocking the boat now, and the response will probably be some huge post I will never have the time or capacity to answer, so you would probably use your "winning" rhetorics to "come out on top again".

Of course he was well known at 25 - in his last 2 months at Guingamp. At 25 he was a superstar in France.

More to the point Guingamp was his 4th season as Pro and they finished 7th - the highest of any of their 8 Ligue 1 seasons. Most Pros are 19 when they get to their 4th season, and their 7th or 8th as a full time footballer training with a pro club.

Of course I don't refuse to listen - how else could I tell when you get it completely wrong.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Chrisb   

We just signed some Central Defender called John Terry. Hopefully will be a good prospect.

He can't be any good, he's not even an international player!!

Sad to see Luiz go, quite the character.

Rumours are circling that we're in for another Brazilian Roberto Firmino, for the price being quoted 15mil, doesn't sound too bad. He has an eye for goal but I'd much rather us sign Ross Barkley instead.

Don't see many rumours about a midfielder, even though we desperately need one.

Chelsea plot £15million transfer offer for Hoffenheim star Roberto Firmino

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/13/chelsea-plot-15million-transfer-offer-for-hoffenheim-star-roberto-firmino-4725915/

Never heard of him before. Flinkers is the in-house Bundesliga expert, so would be nice if you could share some insight about this fella.

I'd prefer Ross Barkley tbh, not only because he's English, but I feel Ross has a higher talent ceiling than Firmino (although currently, Firmino is better than Ross).

Whats the reported wages for Costa ? Somewhere close to what Nando is on ?

Probably ask for 90k to 130k, I signed him on FM :happy: