• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

cam4blue   

If there is something you disagree with - just say so. Not your style I know, but that is how dialog works.

Hmm. I was under the impression that I have offered plenty of opinions in the discussions today.

I don't know how that can be denied really.

I just found it interesting that you would repeatedly state your opinions as fact; as well as the amount of fence sitting and nitpicking you have done in your conversation with CTID; when a couple of pages ago you criticised those who do those things. Criticising others for what you yourself do. Which very much is your style.

There are two common types of time wasters on here. One group state things as facts but whenever challenged claim that "it was only an opinion".

The other will always challenge someone else's opinions but never dare to take an opposing view.

Name them! You've got nothing to lose :) I'd like to see who you think has the technique and quality of the level that Chelsea requires.

Tempted but then I'd give up the chance to claim that I was right, no matter who we buy. :)

There are no spectacular names on the list, they've all been named by other people.

^ Fair enough, people question his mobility. A small part of his overall game.

But I can't see how that impacts his game. He's not any less mobile than Mikel and actually a lot more aggressive how he attacks the space the opponent is looking for.

Despite his smaller circle he's better at doing what Rami is supposed to do best.

Hands down our best ball winner. Hands down the most overall accomplished midfielder. And hands down the best passer of our midfielders.

Mikel is unrivalled when it comes to keeping the ball offerin breathing space to the others. Matic isn't as good when it comes to that. But then he's by far the more adventurous passer of the two - often racking up three times as many forward passes and backwards or sideways while keeping his accuracy between 85-90%. Mikel is on about twice as much forward compared to sideways/backwards and less passes overall than Matic but consistently around 90%+ accuracy.

Funnily enough I actually think Matic will be better once we go back to play a high press - suits him perfectly as he's so damn good to win the ball. Without the kamikaze approach offered by Ramires.

For me there's no discussion - easily our best CM. And I was pretty much on the fence when he signed. So no personal agenda to consider.

As for his best partner - why not Mikel? I think a duo of those two could be very, very strong. If we are selling CMs Mikel should be far down that list. I'd sell Rami ahead of Mikel and I'd also let go of Lampard ahead of Mikel. Blasphemy sure, and a sentence you'd never get out of me two years ago but there it is.

Hmm. I was under the impression that I have offered plenty of opinions in the discussions today.

Yes you have. Not just in this thread. well done. Seriously.

with CTID I haven't been fence sitting at all. I have just explained that my reasons for thinking Matic won't last are not the same as he seems to think they are.

If that lead to nuances you found uncomfortably - tough.

As for you opinion stated as fact - I guess you get confused. Find the fact in that post (it just about exists) and try to challenge it. But don't just piss about pretending you've found something.

cam4blue   

Yes you have. Not just in this thread. well done. Seriously.

OK.

with CTID I haven't been fence sitting at all. I have just explained that my reasons for thinking Matic won't last are not the same as he seems to think they are.

If that lead to nuances you found uncomfortably - tough.

I was not referring to your discussion about Matic.

As for you opinion stated as fact - I guess you get confused. Find the fact in that post (it just about exists) and try to challenge it. But don't just piss about pretending you've found something

I disagreed with you plenty. The posts are there. Specific responses to your points.

You ignored them. Apparently you'd rather have this discussion than one on the topic. Three posts in a row and you picked the last one to respond to while ignoring the others. No point going over it again, you'll skulk off and change the subject. Again, very much your style. Quack.

^ Fair enough, people question his mobility. A small part of his overall game.

But I can't see how that impacts his game. He's not any less mobile than Mikel and actually a lot more aggressive how he attacks the space the opponent is looking for.

Despite his smaller circle he's better at doing what Rami is supposed to do best.

Hands down our best ball winner. Hands down the most overall accomplished midfielder. And hands down the best passer of our midfielders.

Mikel is unrivalled when it comes to keeping the ball offerin breathing space to the others. Matic isn't as good when it comes to that. But then he's by far the more adventurous passer of the two - often racking up three times as many forward passes and backwards or sideways while keeping his accuracy between 85-90%. Mikel is on about twice as much forward compared to sideways/backwards and less passes overall than Matic but consistently around 90%+ accuracy.

Funnily enough I actually think Matic will be better once we go back to play a high press - suits him perfectly as he's so damn good to win the ball. Without the kamikaze approach offered by Ramires.

For me there's no discussion - easily our best CM. And I was pretty much on the fence when he signed. So no personal agenda to consider.

As for his best partner - why not Mikel? I think a duo of those two could be very, very strong. If we are selling CMs Mikel should be far down that list. I'd sell Rami ahead of Mikel and I'd also let go of Lampard ahead of Mikel. Blasphemy sure, and a sentence you'd never get out of me two years ago but there it is.

Mobility for a DM is crucial, not a small part of his game. I think that is why Chelsea were willing to let him go first time around.

He is a talented player and one might think that perhaps he should be playing elsewhere, But short of a Berbatov type CF I can't see it at the top level. Of course in the Portugese league he could play anywhere successfully. And for the odd CL performance he might look good until he gets scouted properly.

He's not any less mobile than Mikel and actually a lot more aggressive how he attacks the space the opponent is looking for.

He is far less mobile than Lampard and Mikel. I can only agree to disagree here. Indeed I have had to revise my view of Mikel recently watching them together (maybe his weight has dropped again).

He attacks the space because he can't cover or shield. But once he has set off, the rest of the pitch is shut off for him. Again and again he just disappears as a defender and it is 11vs10..

On attacking play he plays head up and Mikel plays head down. That is that Mikel would lose the ball more if he tried to be as adventurous as Matic, and vice versa. In fact Matic has changed since his first few games to become more cautious while Mikel as the more advance of 2 DMs has shown himself to be more adventurous than in recent years. So their styles are converging (though far from converged).

In a high press everyone has to push up if the man they are near retreats. FB, CB DM everyone. And then they need to get back into position again. Agree to disagree again, I can't see Matic fitting into a high press.

OK.

I was not referring to your discussion about Matic.

I disagreed with you plenty. The posts are there. Specific responses to your points.

You ignored them. Apparently you'd rather have this discussion than one on the topic. Three posts in a row and you picked the last one to respond to while ignoring the others. No point going over it again, you'll skulk off and change the subject. Again, very much your style. Quack.

Say somethign FFS.

Ando   

If there was one midfielder I would sign to complement Matic in the pivot it would be that Kovacic kid from Inter. Insane player.

Are you sure it doesn't just look that way because he is so big. Big near, far away small - like in a Father Ted sense?

Feck, arse, Mikel!!

Seriously, take it to the Matic thread please.

cam4blue   

Mobility for a DM is crucial, not a small part of his game.

And you think Mikel and shot to pieces Lampard can do a job there? Ok then.

He is far less mobile than Lampard and Mikel.

And yet he covers far more ground than either.

He attacks the space because he can't cover or shield.

Or maybe that's what he wants to do or is told to do?

No. Footballers don't press and tackle because they want to or are instructed to. They don't put pressure on the ball in an attempt to win it or force mistakes from the opposition.

They do it because they are too slow to do anything else. Of course.

Say somethign FFS.

STill ducking those posts then? Quacks like it.

You spent absolutely ages attempting to ignite this debate; and when the debate finally arises you spend most of it ignoring responses to your posts. Again, absolutely your style.