• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

GURJ SS   

A lot less worrying when you realise a sub-editor has chucked the first word in to the quote for the sake of copy.

Sounds a lot more "f**k off and leave me alone" dismissive then.

Fair comment however..

A comment like I'm looking forward to the season with Chelsea and to win silverware wouldn't have taken a lot of energy to say.

Ynot   

I get what you mean, but I'm not saying Kalas and Omeruo are better players. I am trying to say that they are not far behind in terms of defending capabilities. If we are all honest, Luiz makes us Chelsea supporters sweat our arse off far too often. Kalas an Omeruo are not technically better, but they are good defenders and Omeruo is far more no nonsense. I agree with football styles that play the ball out from the back, but if you want to be solid at the back then the job is to get rid sometimes, or if you choose to bring it out then pick the right time.

Like I said, Luiz is a great player, but just not one I want to see in defensive positions.

That's what makes Luiz so important to us. We have no nonsense defenders, there are no nonsense defenders out there to buy. But there are a major shortage of defenders who can bring the ball out from the back and start the play there. Luiz is this defender, we need to keep him as you can't replace him. He brings to us what Carvalho brought to us. He's not quite there yet, but has far more potential and I think Jose will get it out of him.

Luiz has a kind of unpredictable talent plus huge potential leadership qualities - it would be very unwise to sell him.

Not that we are going to or even intimated that we will, but it would just be very stupid.

I'm not sure aboutthis burgeoning talent. Luiz is 26, Cahill 27 and Ivanovic 29.

Unless you believe that Luiz is already a lot better than those two, I can't see why he is going to surpass them in the future.

jones   

I'm not sure aboutthis burgeoning talent. Luiz is 26, Cahill 27 and Ivanovic 29.

Unless you believe that Luiz is already a lot better than those two, I can't see why he is going to surpass them in the future.

I would say Luiz is a lot better than the two. He is our best centre back.

Scooba   

I would say Luiz is a lot better than the two. He is our best centre back.

+1

I would rather we didn't sell Luiz, he's a much better defender than Cahill in my opinion.

Luiz is an odd one. I hope that we try hard to keep him and I'm glad that he's a Chelsea player.

However, if we didn't have him and he came on the market - I'd be hesitant in putting in a bid.

Edited by Box of Tricks

Holymoly   

And a fair few more in his stomach...

Ba-dum tshhh.

Often wondered how you spelled that. Thank you.

Ham   

You know what? Having seen the humourless vitriol which passes for discussion on RAWK and compared it to some of the comedy gold on here, the whole "wit of the scousers" fallacy is blown apart.