• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ric

Forecast The Result 2013/2014

Ric   

The Premiership

1. Chrisb-9
  2. Richard Redmond-7
  3. Ric-6
  4. TorresTheBlue-6
  5. Jedini-5
  6. King José-5
  7. 0liver-4
  8. Botdx-3
  9. drogba190512-3
  10. Harvz-3
  11. Mataku-2
  12. Blue Tone-1
  13. El Nino Essien-1
  14. Hallgalley-1
  15. OfWolfAndBiggs-1
  16. Zola25Magic-1

Now for the real thing. Next game is up..

Ric   

Link doesn't work?

How does this competition work?

After the consultation process which you may have noticed towards the end of last season, we are going ahead with implementing the stroke of genius that is more commonly known as the Scapin Method for our Forecast the Result this season, 2009/10. The scoring system, devised by our very own Scapin is a thing of beauty and simplicity :

Correct score = 3 points

Correct result (win/lose/draw) = 1 point

Each correct scorer if the correct score is predicted = 1 point

So, if you predict the correct match scoreline, you get three points. If you worked out the right result (who would win, or if it would be a draw) but got the exact scoreline wrong, you get one point. The final piece of the jigsaw is this : if and only if you get the correct scoreline, you also get a bonus point for each correct scorer you predicted from either side. This will sort out the men from the boys and the women from the girls, whilst keeping the primary emphasis on the importance of predicting exactly the right scoreline. Thank you to everyone who offered their opinion on the scoring issue and thank you especially to Scapin.

Cheers Ric!

So all CFCnet members are in one league competing against each other?

Why haven't I participated before?!? Sounds like a right laugh.

Chrisb   

Thanks in advance for all your hard work this season Ric, hoping I can keep up my good start!!!

Thanks for running this once again Ric, but I just wish it wouldn't include the pre-season matches. Ok it's my own fault I don't join in until the season proper starts so always 'kick-off' a good few points behind but the pre-season matches are basically just warm-ups and no guide to form etc.

Still it's just a bit of fun.

Ric   

Hi Zoowraa, this link has been copied and posted above.