• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsby Blue

Congratulations To Darren Barker

Just wanted to say well done to huge Chelsea fan Darren Barker for becoming the World Middleweight Champion in Atlantic City last night. I love to see our badge on his shorts (as with George Groves) and love to see fellow Chelsea supporters achieve excellence.

Congratulations Darren!

article-2396482-1B59C24C000005DC-10_634x

Yeah I'm happy for him, I missed the fight but I heard it was a hard fought victory.

It was brutal at times. In the 6th Barker was put down with a body shot that had him in obvious agony and looked to have ended him. But he got up at 9 and afterwards said it was the image of his brothers face that forced him to get up (his brother died tragically in a car crash a few years ago.) So a moving and emotional victory.

Top man Darren - and if Chelsea show that level of determination and such a refusal to be beaten, we will have a great season.

Saw on SSN yesterday that he celebrated his victory by watching our victory over Hull! Hopefully he will be paraded on the Stamford Bridge pitch ahead of the Villa game if he's returned from the States.

Have to say am disappointed that only two fellow Chelsea fans have added their congratulations on here for a guy who wears our badge on his shorts for the world to see. Most probably don't look beyond the Transfer (Yawn...there's nothing happening, what on earth shall we talk about today...) Topic.

Saw on SSN yesterday that he celebrated his victory by watching our victory over Hull! Hopefully he will be paraded on the Stamford Bridge pitch ahead of the Villa game if he's returned from the States.

Have to say am disappointed that only two fellow Chelsea fans have added their congratulations on here for a guy who wears our badge on his shorts for the world to see. Most probably don't look beyond the Transfer (Yawn...there's nothing happening, what on earth shall we talk about today...) Topic.

Don't despair. Facebook and Twitter were full of delirious Chelsea fans congratulating Darren.

I've only ever watched one of his fights live - the win against Domenico Spada at Olympia in April 2011. But of course you need to support a fellow Blue!

JayD   

Darren will be on the pitch at half time for the Villa game. Good gesture by the club.

Interview on SSN now.

Congrats from a fellow CFC fan to a fellow CFC fan