• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Uefa Super Cup: Chelsea (4) 2:2 (5) Bayern Munich

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our UEFA Super Cup match against Bayern Munich at Eden Arena, Prague, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45 GMT, Friday, 30th August 2013.

Ham   

Hazard and some other players for me.

I can see Chelsea winning this match without much trouble. The players will be motivated after losing the Super Cup Final last year, there's no way they'll lose it two years in a row.

Bayern Munich have a good team but I thought they were lucky to avoid Chelsea in last seasons Champions League. We are the only team in Europe that the German champions fear, they can't forget what happened in the 2012 CL Final.

3-0 to the best team in England.

Holymoly   

I'd rather we didn't have to play these stupid competitions. You're in a no win situation, Win the game and "meh" so what, you lose and the media will destroy the club saying how Pep out thought Jose. At least it's not in Monaco this year although it remains just the cabaret for the annual UEFA bun fight. I fear Bayern will be totally up for this game whereas we are still building. Hopefully we can improve on the inept performance of last year but I really couldn't care less if we won or not.

Bayern will be very strong considering they have a well settled and a confident squad. It will be up to Jose to come up with his patented tactical genius to outsmart them. Bayern victory for me though.

I'd rather we didn't have to play these stupid competitions. You're in a no win situation, Win the game and "meh" so what, you lose and the media will destroy the club saying how Pep out thought Jose. At least it's not in Monaco this year although it remains just the cabaret for the annual UEFA bun fight. I fear Bayern will be totally up for this game whereas we are still building. Hopefully we can improve on the inept performance of last year but I really couldn't care less if we won or not.

In this case, if we beat Bayern, I don't think it'll be 'meh'. They're arguably the best team in the world and we'll be the underdogs for this. I'd say Bayern are in a no win situation instead.

Perhaps because of that, Pep rested over half his team yesterday Vs Freiburg and promptly dropped 2 points. Lahm, Boateng, Alaba, Robben, Ribery, and Mandzukic were all rested.

I think we'll need to put some fresh legs in, without sacrificing too much quality either. We have to be careful about overplaying some individuals too early in the season, hence the likes of Lampard and Hazard should get a rest IMO.

I'd go with:

Cech; Dave, Luiz, JT, Cole; Ramires, Mikel; KDB, Mata, Schurrle; Lukaku

Subs: Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Essien, Oscar, Moses, Hazard, Torres

Would like to see a few changes. Mata, Azpi, Mikel and Lukaku to start. Possibly Van Ginkel as well, all though that could be a bit too much to ask. Debut for Willian as well? Rest for Lampard, Ramires, Hazard, Terry, Cahill and Cole as they've been ever present so far.

Cech, Azpi, Luiz, Ivanovic, Bertrand, Mikel, Essien, KDB, Mata, Moses, Lukaku

0liver   

The winners will be happy, the losers will say it was a meaningless game. Truth is both clubs will be going 100% out to win this.

Bayern are as vulnerable as they are ever going to be. They are in middle of a transition and they'll become a lot better in months to come. I've watched them this season and they haven't quite got the balance right yet. They are vulnerable if you attack them as Dortmund did in the Cup. Even Gladbach had tons of chances to score when they lost 3-1 in the end at Allianz Arena. They haven't got yet used to Pep's short passing style completely, so most of their attacks end up looking quite toothless. If there ever was a good time to play against them it is now.

Holymoly   

In this case, if we beat Bayern, I don't think it'll be 'meh'. They're arguably the best team in the world and we'll be the underdogs for this. I'd say Bayern are in a no win situation instead.

I'm suggesting it would be "meh" in the sense that it's a trophy a bit like the Community Shield. A competition with only two teams in it. If we win great, but I doubt the rest of Britain will be expecting an open bus parade around SW6.

I agree though, Bayern will be massive favourites. I just hope we turn up unlike last year.