• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

Samuel Eto'o

Harvz   

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Samuel Eto'o from Anzhi Makhachkala.

The 32-year-old has signed a one-year contract and on finalising the transfer he said: 'I am very happy to be here but also anxious because I want to get playing as soon as possible.

'It wasn't a hard decision. I saw the qualities Chelsea have, and I was very happy with Jose Mourinho before, so when the opportunity came, I was very happy to take it.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3441538/title/etoo-signs

DannyLB   

Very excited. Even if he's slightly past it, he will still be better than what we had before. A goal every two games while playing out wide. That's his record in the last 3 years.

Not for me. Over the hill, here for his pension and yet another smack in the face for Lukaku.

Not impressed one bit.

Fine, if he proves me wrong - and even when I'm wrong I'm happy to admit it - but at the moment this leaves me very cold indeed.

Good luck Eto'o, I hope you do excellently for us and win me over.

Not because I don't rate him - he was fantastic for Barcelona and Inter - but because he seemed to genuinely dislike us when with Barcelona and I've never liked him since. I know players aren't like fans and it doesn't bother or affect them which club they play for (for the most part) but I can't forget things like those quotes which were posted by someone else here in the transfer talk thread. People, rightly or wrongly, held them against Benitez for what he said about us and for the moment I will have difficulty blanking out what Eto'o said about us previously.

Here's to hoping he does well for us and enjoys doing so.

I think this is a really good signing. Eto'o is a quality striker, he's coming in without a transfer fee, short term contract, less pressure on him to set the world alight than the likes of Rooney or Cavani. And personally I hope to see Lukaku continue to improve and make it at Chelsea. That's not going to happen if we were to sign a £40m+ striker in their 20s.

Very pleased with this.

Harvz   

Wish this had been done 8 years ago really, but he's better than the alternatives we have at the moment (apart from Lukaku's potential). IIRC we were very close to signing him when we went for Mutu instead?

I don't see this as being a big problem for Lukaku as he offers something different, and there's plenty of games for him to get experience this season with us. He's too young to be relying on week in week out at this level without the potential for harm should he fail to deliver immediately, so this is a good alternative to signing someone who will potentially keep him out of the first 11 for years to come.

I do think this means that Ba is done. Torres will continue to be the expensive thorn in the side of the squad until he's more easily removed - but perhaps there is hope there too, given the manager we have.