• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CFC-Joe

Schalke Away

CFC-Joe   

Looking most likely to arrive in Dusseldorf at 16:00 on the day of the match. What are the trains like it Germany? I'm guessing they're pretty efficient.

Deemo   

Joe,

It is very easy to get from Dusseldorf to Gelsenkirchen via train. It will take about 40 minutes from the Central Station (HBF) or 35 straight from Dusseldorf Airport to Gelesenkirchen. The trains from the central station to Gelsenkirchen run about once an hour.

I would wait for word from Chelsea before buying your train ticket because typically your match ticket gives you free travel within Gelsenkirchen, Dusseldorf, and Dortmund for the day of the match to include your airport connection.

If you want to do some research for departure times, the website is www.bahn.de.

paulw66   

Has anyone been to Schalke before? It seems like quite a spread out city with more things going on in Essen and Bochum rahter than Gelsinkerchin.

Any advice?

CFC-Joe   

Joe,

It is very easy to get from Dusseldorf to Gelsenkirchen via train. It will take about 40 minutes from the Central Station (HBF) or 35 straight from Dusseldorf Airport to Gelesenkirchen. The trains from the central station to Gelsenkirchen run about once an hour.

I would wait for word from Chelsea before buying your train ticket because typically your match ticket gives you free travel within Gelsenkirchen, Dusseldorf, and Dortmund for the day of the match to include your airport connection.

If you want to do some research for departure times, the website is www.bahn.de.

Fantastic, cheers!

Has anyone been to Schalke before? It seems like quite a spread out city with more things going on in Essen and Bochum rahter than Gelsinkerchin.

Any advice?

Not the most attractive place to be.

I'm driving there and getting back home after the game.

JayD   

Can get a return flight for £100. Stuffed for hotels though, cheapest going are well over the £100 mark in any nearby city.

paulw66   

Can get a return flight for £100. Stuffed for hotels though, cheapest going are well over the £100 mark in any nearby city.

If you need a hotel booking for less, let me know as I have overbooked on rooms as I wasnt sure where we wanted to stay.

CFC5710   

Guy who rents our spare office at Work, works for a german company based in Dortmund so I asked for some advice.

I was advised that Bochum is the place to stay.

Apparently by the main station is an area full of bars called the 'Bochum Triangle'.

Due to there being so many and not being able to leave.

Dusseldorf has a convention on so hotels are crazy expensive and although Bochum is smaller it has plenty to do at night.

So for me it is Bochum the night before the game (DJH Gastehouse - £65 for a room) and the hotel by the ground the night of the game.

Enjoy