• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Everton 1 Chelsea 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Everton at Goodison Park, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 GMT, Saturday, 14th September 2013.

Holymoly   

This is the point at which Jose tells his critics of having so many midfielders "I told you so".

Seriously though how many clubs could replace an Oscar and a Hazard with Willian and Schurrle/deBruyne? We should be able to win this one seeing as their striker will be unavailable and Beaker has moved on.

Can someone elaborate on the injuries? I know Eden has a slight problem with his achilles tendon (is he def. out of the game?), what happened to Oscar though?

Can someone elaborate on the injuries? I know Eden has a slight problem with his achilles tendon (is he def. out of the game?), what happened to Oscar though?

Twisted his ankle in training apparently. Don't know if he will play tonight against Australia?

Zoowraa   

Oscar injury is a bummer. He has been excellent so far this season. Hopefully , he will make it if sitting out tonight's game.

Would like to see Azpi given a game. Ivanovic been very good this season and he is going to prove a real Mourinho favourite as just his type of player. But I really rate Azpi and think this would be an ideal game against a less physical team now Martinez in charge and Fellaini also out of the picture.

Eto'o will start on the bench. Should come on, when depending on 'Nandos mood.

In a strange way, I think this is Mourinho's first real test back at Chelsea. Heavy defeats by United or Bayern would have been met badly, but I think defeats in themselves wouldn't have meant much- one was away to the domestic champions, where defeat is generally par in a league encounter, and the other the best team in the world-elect in a meaningless game.

Everton are a team we've had a so-so record against in recent years and Goodison Park has been a particularly hard place to go. It's the first time under Jose that we're coming up against a lesser team who aren't push-overs making up the numbers and who we've been prone to losing points against.

A hard-fought, unspectacular single-goal win here would be a far greater result than any of the others we've had so far this season and it's what I think we'll get.

The thread for predictions about the team to face Everton is up, here.

Even if you haven't yet played the prediction game, it's not too late to join the competition. Our leader, aussieblue53, has 56 points so far but with lots of games to go there is plenty of time to reel him in. All you have to do is predict the 11 players who will start the game and you're not forced to stick to your original ideas. You can change your mind and post as many new predictions as you like up to 2 hours before kick off.