• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Capital One Cup match against Arsenal at Emirates Stadium, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45 GMT, Tuesday, 29th October 2013.

League Cup isn't a priority but it's always important to beat Arsenal, even if it is their reserves.

Would like to see a lot of rotation though obviously - Essien, Mikel, Willian, De Bruyne, Azpilicueta etc just goes to show how good our squad is this year.

EDIT: And Mata of course...

If possible, JM always likes to win the first trophy on offer, no matter what it is - he's said that a number of times over the years. Added to that, it's Arsenal. Sure he needs to rotate & rest, but given his squad options, I wouldn't be too surprised if it's still a strong team he puts out, and he goes for it.

Schwarzer

Azpilicueta

Cahill

Luiz

Bertrand

Essien

Mikel

Mata

De Bruyne

Eto'o

Willian

Not claiming that this is the team JM will put out - but it doesn't look too shabby for a 'second eleven', does it?

When this game was scheduled just 48 hours after the City match, JM threatened to put out the kids for this one. Is he going to follow through on that? I'd take our kids vs. their kids but would our boss take the risk of turning up with an U21 side only to find Wenger has put out a squad team or even stronger?

Anyone who would like to take up the challenge of trying to work out what Jose will do can go to the dedicated thread and enter their prediction there. Deadline for predictions is two hours before kick-off, so 5:45pm GMT tomorrow.

Scooba   

Would be happy to see the kids, carling cup is a pointless exercise and waste of time IMO. Only thing I'm bothered about is it would be good to beat arsenal. I think JM will play some of the players who were on the bench yesterday though.

paulw66   

If possible, JM always likes to win the first trophy on offer, no matter what it is - he's said that a number of times over the years. Added to that, it's Arsenal. Sure he needs to rotate & rest, but given his squad options, I wouldn't be too surprised if it's still a strong team he puts out, and he goes for it.

Schwarzer

Azpilicueta

Cahill

Luiz

Bertrand

Essien

Mikel

Mata

De Bruyne

Eto'o

Willian

Not claiming that this is the team JM will put out - but it doesn't look too shabby for a 'second eleven', does it?

I would pick that team, possibly with Ba up top.

Schwarzer

Azpilicueta

Cahill

Luiz

Bertrand

Essien

Mikel

Mata

De Bruyne

Eto'o

Willian

From a fitness perspective this might be the team. A bit worried about our pace in central midfield but if Arsenal put their kids out as usual this team is surely strong enough to make us favourites?

jones   

We will use the squad for this one, and perhaps one or two youngsters will feature on the bench. I bet Arsena will fancy an early victory over Jose, but just like us they see themselves as title contenders and will have to use their squad as well.

Schwarzer

Azpi Luiz Kalas Bertrand

Essien Mikel

Willian Mata De Bruyne

Eto'o

Think the team is pretty clear, and I hope Kalas can get his debut, if not Cahill is the obvious choice. Ba or Eto'o up front? Eto'o for me the best option, but Ba needs game time more. Think Jose goes for Samuel.

Bench: Cech, Cahill, Christensen, Ramires, Baker, Oscar, Ba

Rest: Lamps, Terry, Torres, Hazard, Schurrle, Cole, Ivanovic

If Arsenal play with their second-bests also, it shall be one we edge out. Looking forward to the match, and to hopefully see Kalas, De Bruyne and perhaps Baker in action!