• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fink4ward

Club / Thomas Cook Coaches

Sorry if this has been covered but I can't find what I'm looking for.

I've got a couple of questions about the organised coaches.

1. How "dry" are they? checking my soft drinks bottle dry or no obvious booze dry?

2. Do you get on the same coach back as the one you traveled up on? so if I left a pillow or a carrier bag / book (6 hours journey) would I see it on my way home.

Cheers for any help

I've never been searched for booze but then I've always been very well behaved and not smuggled any one. There's regularly a few who are, to my eyes at least, very obviously flouting the rules so I'd guess the stewards sometimes just don't care if you're discreet. Either that or I'm a lot more perceptive than them. You'd get away with a soft drink bottle if you didn't sound p*ssed or stink of booze.

It'll be the same coach back and the stewards will let you leave your stuff with the standard 'not our fault' line if something goes wrong.

Thanks, not the prison camp I was led to believe then. I'm not after getting rat ars*d just fancy a little tickle on the way up. Cheers

Chrisb   

I used the caoch for Basel in April and alcohol is banned but as thevelourfog says they don't physically check however they do say that if you are caught drinking you will be ejected from the coach (we just had a fair few before getting on!). Left a bag on the coach with kindle/ipad in during the day and everything was still there on our return after the game. After the Basel trip I'll only ever use the coach again as a last resort!!

Sorry if this has been covered but I can't find what I'm looking for.

I've got a couple of questions about the organised coaches.

1. How "dry" are they? checking my soft drinks bottle dry or no obvious booze dry?

2. Do you get on the same coach back as the one you traveled up on? so if I left a pillow or a carrier bag / book (6 hours journey) would I see it on my way home.

Cheers for any help

I think it varies.

I've used the coach/train a few times (admittedly a few years ago now) and I have been checked from head to toe - including opening opening soft drink bottles... But then again I suspect that I won't look like a guy who'd normally go to football completely sober.

I think it varies.

I've used the coach/train a few times (admittedly a few years ago now) and I have been checked from head to toe - including opening opening soft drink bottles... But then again I suspect that I won't look like a guy who'd normally go to football completely sober.

Have you ever been completely sober Dave?

Have you ever been completely sober Dave?

Ah. Point well made.

Coming over for Stoke away on 7 December. You doing that one chief?

Ah. Point well made.

Coming over for Stoke away on 7 December. You doing that one chief?

Not this year mate. The missus booked us a weekend in Berlin for the Christmas markets.

To be fair she chekced the fixture list and made sure we weren't at home, and I'll hardly see her with all the Christmas fixtures coming up, so sacrificing Stoke doesn't seem so bad!

We'll probably be over in Copenhagen early in the new year so I'll give you a shout then.

Not this year mate. The missus booked us a weekend in Berlin for the Christmas markets.

To be fair she chekced the fixture list and made sure we weren't at home, and I'll hardly see her with all the Christmas fixtures coming up, so sacrificing Stoke doesn't seem so bad!

We'll probably be over in Copenhagen early in the new year so I'll give you a shout then.

Too bad!

Yeah be sure to let me know when you're over next time!