• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bridgejunky

Read Jose's Mind Challenge (Sunderland 04/12/2013)

You can see a full explanation of the Read Jose's Mind Challenge here but the idea is pretty basic. How well can you do at predicting Jose's starting 11 for the Premier League fixture against Sunderland on Wednesday 4th December?

All you have to do is add a reply listing the players you think will start the game. I'll award 2 points for each player correctly predicted to start as well as bonus points for getting all eleven, or for predicting more starters than anyone else does.

You may change your mind and enter new selections as often as you like but no team lists posted, or edited, after 5:45pm GMT on Wednesday 4th December will be counted.

I'll post a table of the results after the match. It will help me to speed this up if posters can give their team in a standard format, with one player's name per line. Like this example: -

My Predicted Team

Blackman

Kalas

Terry

Ake

Bertrand

De Bruyne

Lampard

Oscar

Ramires

Eto'o

Torres

Good luck all.

All,

Please remember that predictions for this game will be used to decide the one remaining first round tie of the Read Jose's Mind Challenge Cup.

Read Jose's Mind Challenge Cup, First Round, Second Replayakshayathreya   vs.     Box of TricksThis tie will involve extra-time and penalties if necessary.

Extra-Time

If, and only if, the initial predictions result in a draw then any substitutions made by Jose will be taken into account. For example let's say a member predicts that Lampard will start but he is named on the bench. If the initial 11 predictions result in a draw then, if Lamps was brought on during the game, that member will be credited with an extra time hit. If the tie goes to extra-time then obviously the higher number of extra-time hits wins.

Only if tie is still drawn after extra time will it go to penalties.

Penalty Shoot Out

The aim of this procedure is to retain the flavour of the RJMC; keeping it about making predictions, but also to make it slightly different, in the same way footballers say that penalties are different to proper football. Akshayathreya and Box of Tricks will each need to nominate a minimum of 12 penalty takers in the order of their preference. A penalty taker can be any of the CFCnet members who make a prediction for this game.

For example, Akshayathreya might choose to nominate Sleeping Dave to take a penalty or Box of Tricks might nominate The Psycho Pianist, among others.

• Penalties will be taken in the order the takers are nominated.
  • A penalty is scored if the nominated taker achieves an above average number of hits in this round.
  • A penalty is missed if the nominated taker achieves an average, or below average, number of hits in this round.
  • The shoot out is the best of three but, in the usual way, if scores are level after that we go to sudden death.
  • Akshayathreya and Box of Tricks are free to nominate themselves if they wish but not their opponent.
  • The same penalty taker cannot be allocated by both people involved in the tie.
  • Having won the toss, Akshayathreya will be allocated the first penalty taker on his list.
  • Box of Tricks will then be allocated the highest remaining name on his list.
  • And so on until the lists are exhausted.
  • If need be I will add further penalty takers at random to ensure we get a result.
  • The two players can minimise the number of random takers I need to allocate by making extra picks of their own.
  • As with predicted teams, members are free to change their nominated list of penalty takers as often as they like.
  • The deadline for nominations is the same as the deadline for predicted teams.
  • I will allocate and announce the penalty takers after the deadline passes.

I will send Akshayathreya and Box of Tricks a reminder of their replay via PM. Good luck to both of them.

All,

Please remember that predictions for this game will be used to decide the one remaining first round tie of the Read Jose's Mind Challenge Cup.

Read Jose's Mind Challenge Cup, First Round, Second Replayakshayathreya   vs.     Box of TricksThis tie will involve extra-time and penalties if necessary.

Extra-Time

If, and only if, the initial predictions result in a draw then any substitutions made by Jose will be taken into account. For example let's say a member predicts that Lampard will start but he is named on the bench. If the initial 11 predictions result in a draw then, if Lamps was brought on during the game, that member will be credited with an extra time hit. If the tie goes to extra-time then obviously the higher number of extra-time hits wins.

Only if tie is still drawn after extra time will it go to penalties.

Penalty Shoot Out

The aim of this procedure is to retain the flavour of the RJMC; keeping it about making predictions, but also to make it slightly different, in the same way footballers say that penalties are different to proper football. Akshayathreya and Box of Tricks will each need to nominate a minimum of 12 penalty takers in the order of their preference. A penalty taker can be any of the CFCnet members who make a prediction for this game.

For example, Akshayathreya might choose to nominate Sleeping Dave to take a penalty or Box of Tricks might nominate The Psycho Pianist, among others.

• Penalties will be taken in the order the takers are nominated.
  • A penalty is scored if the nominated taker achieves an above average number of hits in this round.
  • A penalty is missed if the nominated taker achieves an average, or below average, number of hits in this round.
  • The shoot out is the best of three but, in the usual way, if scores are level after that we go to sudden death.
  • Akshayathreya and Box of Tricks are free to nominate themselves if they wish but not their opponent.
  • The same penalty taker cannot be allocated by both people involved in the tie.
  • Having won the toss, Akshayathreya will be allocated the first penalty taker on his list.
  • Box of Tricks will then be allocated the highest remaining name on his list.
  • And so on until the lists are exhausted.
  • If need be I will add further penalty takers at random to ensure we get a result.
  • The two players can minimise the number of random takers I need to allocate by making extra picks of their own.
  • As with predicted teams, members are free to change their nominated list of penalty takers as often as they like.
  • The deadline for nominations is the same as the deadline for predicted teams.
  • I will allocate and announce the penalty takers after the deadline passes.

I will send Akshayathreya and Box of Tricks a reminder of their replay via PM. Good luck to both of them.

Amazing stuff Bridge, love your work!

Sciatika   

Cech

Bran

Luiz

Terry

Cole

Ramires

Lampard

Hazard

Mata

Schurrle