• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulw66

Champions League draw

Andyn   

^ cracking games , dont suppose bayern and barca would have wanted that draw (could have been easier) . As for us hopefully were in a bit better form in feb , awkward tie especially away .

Harvz   

I don't like playing against former players that I liked a lot. Never have, never will. I'd give him the standing ovation alright - but every time he touches the ball I'll cringe. If I could have it my way, all my favourite players would retire after leaving Chelsea!

I don't like playing against former players that I liked a lot. Never have, never will. I'd give him the standing ovation alright - but every time he touches the ball I'll cringe. If I could have it my way, all my favourite players would retire after leaving Chelsea!

We'd better re-sign him in January then.

He can't be worse than what we've got. :P

DLU   

I have a few Galatasaray fans in my facebook feed, and they seem to be happy about having gotten us in the draw, calling us a 'doable' opponent... I don't know what to make of it, but I wouldn't mind taking them apart like we did with Schalke ;)

Port   

We'd better re-sign him in January then.

He can't be worse than what we've got. :P

he would be cup-tied.there is no chance signing him any more, he had won it for us and that is what he will be remembered .

as a brilliant player, I wish him well and win for other teams as well.

Chelsea at it current state is no where near a serious contender to this years CL. So does Galatasaray.

Chelsea at it current state is no where near a serious contender to this years CL.

More of a contender than when we won it. 2nd in the most competitive league in the world means nothing?

Scooba   

More of a contender than when we won it. 2nd in the most competitive league in the world means nothing?

Exactly. Incredible amount of luck/fortune/other external factors involved in winning the champions league and with a draw like that it can only help, rather than hinder our chances. Another decent draw in march for the quarters and we could well be in to the semis and who knows from there.

No one thought we would win the champions league when we were 3-1 down after Napoli away. No one.

Yes. Indeed the year we won it, the year before and the year after were easily our three weakest years since 2003.