• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueboy26

Something for Didier

Right, the draw has been made, and as many suspected, Didier is returning home .

This is our opportunity to show the guy who gave most of us the greatest nights of our lives what he means to us.

I think there needs to be some sort display/banner properly honouring the man. Something organised and executed collectively, not just a load of people with A3 card saying "I heart Drogba".

I know its something we haven't done before but I can't think of a more fitting occasion.

We've got plenty of time to sort it out and I'm sure the club would be willing to help out to some degree.

bONes   

Yep, we definitively need to do this!

What about handing out these small sheets of different coloured paper and everyone to hold something like here:

Would a great idea, just not to sure what the image should be - any ideas?

Totally agree, it would be great to get some kind of big banner with his image that was shown off at the game.

Think this was attempted before on here but not sure it got anywhere.

I'm sure many on here would be willing to chip into the cost, I would be happy to.

Not sure how you organise these things but some on here do, I remember that from the old thread.

Ideally we need someone with an "in" at the club is some level.

I really don't think we need anything to extravagant.

We could get "Drogba" spelt out with a crowd mosaic, probably Matthew Harding Upper and possibly the "19.05.12" Spelt out blue on white in the lower tier?

paulw66   

If the crowd could hold up paper that spells "Drogba" or something related to 19/05/12 then that would be awesome. This cannot pass as just another ex pro returning.

He is a hero. We need to do something.

If the crowd could hold up paper that spells "Drogba" or something related to 19/05/12 then that would be awesome. This cannot pass as just another ex pro returning.

He is a hero. We need to do something.

I agree completely but what happened here last time inspires me with 0% confidence.

At the end of the day for whatever reason the fans from here - match-going members, STHs or otherwise - do not have the clout (nor organisation) of certain fans at the club and nothing will get done unless they ordain it to be worthwhile. The previous process taught us this.