• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sleeping Dave

Diving At Our Club - What Can We Do?

I can't fathom it out or provide any rationalisation, but I do think it's odd that the two clearest incidences of simulation from our players this season have specifically come immediately after Mourinho spoke out against it. Could there be something in that?

Not sure what you're indicating here. That Mourinho says we don't want divers and the players interpret that as a green light to cheat all they want?

of course all clubs have their own divers. In fact most players in every team will attempt a dive at some point given the opportunity. However if we clean up our act JM can then major on the others with impunity

(When he voiced the no Chelsea experts on TV they all laughed it off as JM being JM and afterwards mentioned the many ex Chelsea who appear regularly are on all stations as talking heads..)

However when JM voiced his displeasure at Oscar's dive the interviewer had no where to go so shut up.

JM this time round seems smarter and he will win the press round and as a result more favourable comments will ensue but it will take time . Fergie knew this so smoozed the media as and when over the years and as a result got a far easier ride.

No one likes diving and this is an ideal opportunity to take the moral lead.

jones   

Ramires today was a dive. No doubt about it. But when Norwegian pundits discussing it, bringing up his "dive" against WBA to highlight Chelsea's huge problem, I don't know what to do.

We will have them on us if we don't behave like kindergarden girls in Sunday school, so hope and assume JM will act on Ramires and tell the players to stop with this immediately.

On another note: Ramires didn't have the ref on his side today, and was understandably annoyed. However, think Marriner had a decent showing considering these muscle against ballerina games are quite hard to handle.

Oscar dove a little bit once and it wasn't even that cynical

Ramires didn't dive AT ALL, he falls over like that about 15 times every appearance.

The only thing we can do about it is no-sell it at press conferences, and aside from that, round up all football journos and put em in camps where Roman can screen all their content before they get let out :)

Ramires didn't dive? Ramires dive was in my eyes almost worse than Oscars. Oscars left his foot and there was minimal contact. But he looked for that contact. So a yellow was well deserved.

Ramires had zero contact inside the box and the Derby player was half a yard from touching him. He clearly dived with no contact at all. I he's falling over there we'd have to ask ourselves why he's a footballer in the first place. Of course it was a dive.

Ivanovic is another player who dives quite a few times over a season. Azpilicueta has showed similar tendencies as well but not as bad.

I feel disgusted when I see Ivan fall into a heap screaming like someone chopped his head off when he wasn't touched and he's a foot taller then their winger who committed the crime of breathing his way.

Not acceptable. Even if it's not in the box.

Oscar dove a little bit once and it wasn't even that cynical

Ramires didn't dive AT ALL, he falls over like that about 15 times every appearance.

The only thing we can do about it is no-sell it at press conferences, and aside from that, round up all football journos and put em in camps where Roman can screen all their content before they get let out :)

Sorry mate, that was one of the most blatant dives ever. Horrific to see. Rambo is normally displeased whenever he gets booked but it was annoying to see him so disgruntled to get booked for such a clear dive.

Really doesn't help Mourinho right after he calls Suarez out for us to have players booked for diving in the next 2 matches. I'm glad Mourinho has come out and said both cards are deserved though.

Zoowraa   

The boat has been well and truly missed in football, regarding this topic.

Its a really messy subject, similar to technology in football. Where does the line start and end with diving ? Is a player waiting for contact and going down classed as diving ? If so, this incident happens about 10-20 times a game ,depending on who the referee is.

Quite often they dont need to go down, but win fouls in a professional manner, or is it cheating?

It's been allowed to go too far the other way imo. Pundits/fans want fouls for the pettiest of challenges and this is often due to some level of diving.

Howard Webb had a lot of stick for his performances recently, for me he has tried to get the game back to where it was by letting things go for both teams. I would much rather see this from a referee, that some idiot ref blowing for everything.

Trouble is refs by nature are not consistent. Whilst I praise Webb, I appreciate it is only a matter of time before he contradicts himself in the next couple of weeks.

It seems there is an accepted difference between diving and winning a foul in football, this don't sit comfortably with me and we either have them both or none. Ideally, it would be neither are accepted, but this will never be eradicated from the game, so it's a case of accepting both or being a massive hypocrite imo.

JM this time round seems smarter and he will win the press round and as a result more favourable comments will ensue but it will take time . Fergie knew this so smoozed the media as and when over the years and as a result got a far easier ride.

No one likes diving and this is an ideal opportunity to take the moral lead.

This is exactly my thought process.

Take the lead and show we don't accept this. After we've done that JM can point fingers a day long. No one can touch us after such a statement from the club.

DLU   

Ban our own players? So what if Hazard dives in the CL semi final? ;)

I don't think this is the way forward. Just tell them you expect them not to dive like you expect them to attend the training every day. Moreover, I don't think that the last two games can be extrapolated further on. It's just a very unfortunate coincidence that two of our players dived so blatantly in two consecutive games. It does not change the fact that it is highly unlikely that it will happen again any time soon. I hope.

Andyn   

The boat has been well and truly missed in football, regarding this topic.

Its a really messy subject, similar to technology in football. Where does the line start and end with diving ? Is a player waiting for contact and going down classed as diving ? If so, this incident happens about 10-20 times a game ,depending on who the referee is.

Quite often they dont need to go down, but win fouls in a professional manner, or is it cheating?

It's been allowed to go too far the other way imo. Pundits/fans want fouls for the pettiest of challenges and this is often due to some level of diving.

Howard Webb had a lot of stick for his performances recently, for me he has tried to get the game back to where it was by letting things go for both teams. I would much rather see this from a referee, that some idiot ref blowing for everything.

Trouble is refs by nature are not consistent. Whilst I praise Webb, I appreciate it is only a matter of time before he contradicts himself in the next couple of weeks.

It seems there is an accepted difference between diving and winning a foul in football, this don't sit comfortably with me and we either have them both or none. Ideally, it would be neither are accepted, but this will never be eradicated from the game, so it's a case of accepting both or being a massive hypocrite imo.

Spot on sir .

Ban our own players? So what if Hazard dives in the CL semi final? ;)

I don't think this is the way forward. Just tell them you expect them not to dive like you expect them to attend the training every day. Moreover, I don't think that the last two games can be extrapolated further on. It's just a very unfortunate coincidence that two of our players dived so blatantly in two consecutive games. It does not change the fact that it is highly unlikely that it will happen again any time soon. I hope.

If hazard dives then he's banned. Simple. Consistency is key here. If the club would adopt this (unlikely yes) then we'd be crucified if we didn't use it consistently.

As for your last comment, sounds more like hope than fact mate.