Harvz

Matic

712 posts in this topic

"Chelsea Football Club have today completed the signing of Nemanja Matic from Benfica.

On signing his five-and-a-half-year contract, the 25-year-old said: 'I am very happy for this opportunity to be back at this club. I feel very good because of that and just want to say I will give my best to help the team and make the Chelsea fans happy.'

Jose Mourinho added: 'I am very pleased that Nemanja is returning to Chelsea. He has grown as a player in Portugal and has become a fantastic all-round midfielder. I am sure he will become a very important member of the squad and help us to achieve our ambitions.'

The Serbian midfielder, who will wear the number 21 shirt, returns for a second spell at Stamford Bridge, having previously represented the Blues after joining from MSK Kosice in 2009. He made three substitute appearances in the 2009/10 season and departed in January 2011 as part of the deal which brought David Luiz, one of the most coveted players in Europe, from Benfica to London."

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3622226/title/matic-signs

I´m very pleased too! Welcome back Nemanja and good luck lad!

We needed someone with a bit of presence in deeper midfield. Welcome back.

This makes 4-3-3 is a proper option now.

Now all we need is a left-back and striker.

As expected then, announced early in the week. I was pretty certain it would be official quickly as Jose will want him playing on Sunday.

Oh and welcome back matic! Here's to a more successful second spell (individually I mean).

Good signing. I hope he makes an impact right away.

Awesome, superb signing for Chelsea. Fantastic job from Jose to push for him. Welcome back Nemanja!

When matic settles we will have the best midfield set in the league, not question about it.

Options and different style of play in that team, whether we want expansive or to counter attack we can do it..

Just a striker to complete the puzzle now.