Harvz

Matic

712 posts in this topic

€25m loan complete! ^^

Welcome back Nemanja.

Looking forward to see what you can do for us.

When matic settles we will have the best midfield set in the league, not question about it.

I'm pretty sure City will question that.

Must admit I have seen very little of him since he left, but everything I have heard or read about him has been really positive.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do, good luck and welcome back Nemanja.

If you've only seen one thing of him in the last three years, it should have been this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWpwImjHMTE

True to the spirit of YouTube scouting, its a complete misrepresentation of his talents - but so fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjPS6e4-tvU

This one is a little more representative I think. Not spectacular, but very effective.

I'd settle for most of that every week. He's very light on his feet for a big man. Total balance despite using using his strength to dominate by leaning on his man a lot. Those highlights at our place are quite telling. They really didn't know what to do with him. I remember feeling very frustrated watching him get away with the ball so often.

By now most people know that I'm a huge advocate of giving the youth a chance. Happy to have him back but I hope tis signing opens up the eyes of those in charge to make them realize that buying isn't the only answer. For example, we have a lot of people that have said we should go get Shaw he's a good young left back. However, I don't see why we need to do this when we have PVA(who I've always rated more than Bertrand) out on loan and playing well above that level of Vitesse. Do we need to buy shaw and sell those in our academy? No. Do we need to buy Eto and loan out Lukaku or sell Sturridge? No. Also did we need to buy Matic when we could use McEachran or Chalobah or even Ake? No. Of course the Matic is currently better than all 3 now. But when he was 18, 19 he was nowhere near the class of the three I just mentioned. Why did he become so good? Cause he had continuous first team exposure at a good side.

It's a disgrace that we are the only PL side(besides City) that have absolutely NO FAITH in our academy. Yet our Academy is without a doubt the best academy in Europe as the Next Gen tournament proved last year. And as the FAYC continues to prove.

Have more faith in who we have rather than who others have. Our best player and captain for over 15 years now came from our academy and many more can do se if and only if we give them a chance.

However as long as people have the mindset that "We must buy 30 good players from everywhere around the world every transfer window" then what I hope will happen will continue to be a fantasy.

Edited by Blue_Fever

^ would be all well and good if Matic wasn't the only one to warrant a re buy after so many years.

We are Chelsea, 99% of players won't cut it here.

autoMatic aka the spider playing in the same team of Ramires...oh boy what an intense midfield